VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our Major Public Sector Client with the Recruitment of an Administrative Assistant to join their fun and friendly team at the Boucher Crescent Office.
Scale 4 - £11.83 p/h
Mon - Fri
- To provide an exemplary, customer-focused administrative service to all internal and external customers of the Service Support Business Unit.
- To provide guidance and support to managers and other support staff within the Directorate on financial and systems matters, general administration and procurement matters.
- To produce information, reports and statistics for management, committees or working groups as required including for Board reports, annual reports, and statutory returns.
- To assist the Service Support Business Unit Manager in the production of the Business Unit's business plan, including the development of suitable Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to support and demonstrate positive performance within the Business Unit.
- To assist the Service Support Business Manager in the production of the Directorate's business plan, as required.
- To assist in monitoring and reviewing administrative systems and processes, making recommendations for improvement and implementing changes as directed.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths, and
Have at least two years' experience of working in a demanding office environment, carrying out a range of business support tasks including scheduling and administrative support for meetings.
Have at least Four years' experience of working in an office environment, carrying out a range of business support tasks including scheduling and administrative support for meetings.
2. Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications, in particular databases and MS Word.
3. Can demonstrate:
a) effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail and the ability to work individually or as a team member;
b) effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
c) a customer service orientation.
1. Experience of taking and producing minutes and action plans arising from meetings.
2. Experience of working within local government or the public sector.
Job Type: Full-time
Established in 2000, VANRATH has cemented its position as a premier market leader in Northern Ireland, setting the standard among recruitment agencies in Belfast. This achievement can be attributed to our steadfast commitment to confidentiality, professionalism, and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH takes pride in its track record of skilfully connecting the best local talent with leading local businesses.
VANRATH recruits across a diverse range of sectors including:
We understand that embarking on a career change, whether it's full-time or part-time, is a significant step. Our unwavering support extends through every phase of the recruitment process, from the initial discussion of your goals and aspirations to the assurance of a secure position.
Our consultants are sector-specific, renowned for their in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience within their respective fields. In short, they are the best in the business! We continuously monitor industry trends and developments to ensure we provide top-quality advice and support to our clients and candidates.