VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our Major Public Sector Client with the Recruitment of a Business Support Admin to join them in their Lisburn HQ.
Scale 4 - £11.83 p/h
To provide a modern, efficient, professional and customer-focused administrative service and contribute as an integral member of the Business Support Team to support the vision and mission of company outlined below:
Business Support Activities
- Provide an effective reception and switchboard service, acting as first point of contact for callers and visitors to HQ.
- Provide a modern, efficient, professional and customer-focused administration service providing administrative support for meetings (including preparation of agendas, minute taking and any follow up administrative tasks) and multi-functional projects.
- Carryout administrative tasks to support the business as usual requirements of other directorates/functions e.g. Service Delivery, Service Support, Finance and HR.
- Collate information, letters, memos, statistics, reports and other documents for use by management, committees or working groups.
- Provide advice, guidance, and support, as required, to other staff on current administrative processes.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Draft responses to general queries received via email or forward these to the appropriate section for further action.
- Develop and maintain databases, spreadsheets and other documents, ensuring that all computerised and manual systems used by the Transformation, Performance & Governance Directorate are maintained accurately and updated on a timely basis e.g. inventory, customer charter complaints etc.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths
Have at least 2 years' experience of working in a demanding office environment, carrying out a range of business support tasks including scheduling and administrative support for meetings.
Have at least 4 years' experience of working in an office environment, carrying out a range of administrative tasks.
2. Demonstrate a working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft applications, to include, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
3. Can demonstrate:
(a) effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail;
(b) the ability to work individually and as part of a team;
(c) effective communication skills (both oral and written);
(d) an ability to produce timely and accurate information;
(e) a customer service orientation.
1. Experience of taking and producing minutes and action plans arising from meetings.
2. Experience in managing a busy switchboard.
3. Experience of working within local government or the public sector.
If you are interested in the vacancy and would like to have a confidential chat, please reach out to Phil Doherty directly @VANRATH
When looking to progress your career and move into a new job, the best and first person you should be contacting is a recruiter.
A job seeker should call the experts, although many people choose to go at this daunting task alone because of one previous bad recruiter experience. It's so important not to paint every recruiter with the same brush, as it really does depend on the consultant you work with - In the same way as you wouldn't have one bad relationship and decide never get into another ever again, you shouldn't let one negative recruitment experience discourage you!
Having personally made the move from being a candidate to becoming a recruiter in the field I used to work in, I've learnt so much about the benefits of using recruiters to help you find the right opportunity. I'd like to share the benefits of why you should use recruiters rather than avoiding them
Established in 2000, VANRATH has cemented its position as a premier market leader in Northern Ireland, setting the standard among recruitment agencies in Belfast. This achievement can be attributed to our steadfast commitment to confidentiality, professionalism, and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH takes pride in its track record of skilfully connecting the best local talent with leading local businesses.
VANRATH recruits across a diverse range of sectors including:
We understand that embarking on a career change, whether it's full-time or part-time, is a significant step. Our unwavering support extends through every phase of the recruitment process, from the initial discussion of your goals and aspirations to the assurance of a secure position.
Our consultants are sector-specific, renowned for their in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience within their respective fields. In short, they are the best in the business! We continuously monitor industry trends and developments to ensure we provide top-quality advice and support to our clients and candidates.