VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our Major Public Sector Client with the Recruitment of a Learning & Development Admin to join them in their Boucher Crescent Office.
Scale 4 - £11.83 p/h - 12 Month Contract
As an integral member of the Learning and Development Support Team, provide a modern, professional and customer focused administrative service to support the various Learning and Development functions and the vision and mission of the company and the HR Directorate as outlined below.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- To provide a professional and confidential administrative service to support all the various Learning and Development functions in accordance with Learning and Development and company policies and procedures and relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection.
- To provide a range of administrative and reception duties to support the service delivery of the Learning and Development Centre. Duties include the production of course materials, developing and maintaining the course commissioning documentation, maintaining records and archiving, producing minutes of meetings and ensuring a professional reception and first point of contact for callers and visitors to the L&D centre.
- Ensure all employee Learning and Development records (manual and computerised) are up to date and accurate. Assist in the implementation of any new Learning Management System (LMS), develop expertise in it and provide advice and guidance to relevant staff as appropriate. Look for opportunities to maximise potential benefits of any new LMS and conduct audits or other quality assurance processes as appropriate.
- To ensure that all computerised and manual systems used by the various functions in the Learning and Development centre are maintained accurately and on a timely basis, e.g. course commissioning documentation and course creation and code management. Ensure that version controls are applied and maintain a directory of archived material
- To work collaboratively with the Learning and Development Team including Faculties and Subject Matter Experts (SME's) and other relevant staff by providing support, advice and training as appropriate, on the design and production of professional documentation and course materials e.g. presentation formats, e-learning packages, templates for lesson plans, evaluation documentation, updating on-line content and providing copies of materials as required.
- To produce timely, accurate and meaningful reports and statistics, manipulating data as required, on L&D activity for management.
- Ensure that customers (email, visitors and callers) of the learning and development centre receive a professional service and are directed accordingly or responded to appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Help ensure a positive image of the Learning and Development Centre by designing high quality internal and external communications using relevant software packages in line with corporate guidelines (including copyright) and brand identity. Maximise the benefits of software packages improving graphic design and the visual development of materials.
Experience and Qualifications
Applicants must provide evidence by the closing date for application that they meet the following essential criteria:
1. Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths, and
Have at least two years' experience of working in a Learning and Development administration function.
Have at least 4 years' experience of working in a Learning and Development administration function.
2. Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
3. Can demonstrate:
(a) effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail;
(b) effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
(c) a customer service orientation.
- Have experience of working in a Learning and Development administration function within a large, multi-site, multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Competent in the use of Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress.
- Competent in the use and basic maintenance of Audio Visual equipment.
- Be working towards CIPD membership or a training qualification such as CIPD Certificate in Training Practice.
- Have experience of working within local government or the public sector.
If you are interested in the vacancy and would like to have a confidential chat, please reach out to Phil Doherty directly @VANRATH
''The best agency I've worked with to date! They were unbelievably professional and supportive from start to finish. They listened to my needs and found a placement that was perfect for me. I really can't recommend enough.''
''In my eyes, VANRATH is the clear industry leader of recruitment in Northern Ireland. With a long history of placements, they have perfected the recruitment trade, which was made very clear to me during my time with them. Whether you plan to find your new role or work directly for VANRATH, you can expect nothing but the best.''
''VANRATH were amazing at designing an action plan for my new career. They were thorough, kind, giving good advice and a solid direction in what needs to be done.''
Established in 2000, VANRATH has cemented its position as a premier market leader in Northern Ireland, setting the standard among recruitment agencies in Belfast. This achievement can be attributed to our steadfast commitment to confidentiality, professionalism, and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH takes pride in its track record of skilfully connecting the best local talent with leading local businesses.
VANRATH recruits across a diverse range of sectors including:
We understand that embarking on a career change, whether it's full-time or part-time, is a significant step. Our unwavering support extends through every phase of the recruitment process, from the initial discussion of your goals and aspirations to the assurance of a secure position.
Our consultants are sector-specific, renowned for their in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience within their respective fields. In short, they are the best in the business! We continuously monitor industry trends and developments to ensure we provide top-quality advice and support to our clients and candidates.