Are you interested to work on a team where your input is valued across the whole organisation? In this role you will contribute to this organisation's private libraries and put your mark on code which is highly reused across 1000's of engineers globally.
Sound interesting? Feel free to reach out to me directly on LinkedIn for a confidential discussion.
Key Call Outs:
- You are given the time to do things properly in an environment where quality rules over quantity.
- Autonomy is deeply routed in the culture and management style of the leaders in this business area and thus you'll only be measured on your deliverable goals.
- You'll join a team of exceptional Frontend developers.
- All development is green field - this is a genuine zero legacy code role.
About the opportunity:
As a member of the UI/UX Centre of Excellence, you will contribute to a growing knowledge base and help drive engineering excellence in their products. Contributing to codebases, communicating with team members, and working with stakeholders to deliver quality software will all be part of the job. Your code will be adopted and reused across the whole organisation making this a unique opportunity to set a high technical standard for colleagues to follow.
- In this role, you will build scalable, predictable, high-quality and high-performing web applications.
- Develop new product features using Typescript and Angular 11.
- Liaise with UX designers to develop Design Systems, Live Code demos, and Prototypes
- Assist integration teams with the application of UX design systems and component libraries
- Establish strong coding standards surrounding all user-facing code bases including unit testing, coding style, abstraction, and patterns
- Conduct peer code-reviews to ensure adherence to patterns and standards
- Promote a practice of learning by being available to mentor other developers
- Analyse technical requirements, design applications, identify new technologies, and integrate solutions into existing code
- Responsible for successful completion of code deliverables within projects
- Cooperate with the back-end developers in the process of building the RESTful API
- Participate in the various phases of the SDLC
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyses design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Leads a project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Represents the software applications engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software applications design tools and languages.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Designing software applications running on multiple platform
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Salary up to £80k + bonus (flexible for the right candidate).
- Excellent work-life balance / flexible working patterns.
- Full Insurance suite, Dental, Medical, Life.
- Potential sign on Bonus.
- Relaxed approach to remote - you are in control.