VANRATH are thrilled to be assisting a market leading organisation with the recruitment of a Legal Secretary to join their expanding team.
This is a fantastic organisation that offers many opportunities for progression!
This is a Monday - Friday position - 37.5 hours per week in office.
£25,000 - £27,000 per year + fantastic benefits in a modern workplace
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the General Counsel, including managing schedules, coordinating meetings, and handling correspondence.
- Prepare and proofread legal documents, contracts, and briefs, ensuring accuracy.
- Maintain and organise legal files, documents and databases, ensuring efficient retrieval and confidentiality.
- Assist in the preparation and organisation of legal documents for litigation, regulatory compliance, and other legal proceedings.
- Conduct legal research and gather relevant information from reliable sources, to support the General Counsel in decision-making processes.
- Assist in the preparation and review of corporate governance documents, such as board resolutions, meeting minutes, and bylaws.
- Coordinate and track legal department expenses, invoices, and budgetary matters, ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of legal procedures and regulations.
- Perform general administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, managing calendars, and organising travel arrangements for General Counsel.
- Ensure work is completed to meet the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
- You must co-operate with others on health and safety and not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided for their health, safety, or welfare.
- 2 year's experience as a Legal Secretary or in a similar administrative role, preferably within a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Familiarity with legal terminology, procedures, and documentation is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in using legal research tools, such as Westlaw or LexisNexis, is a plus. (but not essential)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, ensuring all work is completed to a high standard.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other relevant software.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and maintain a high level of professionalism.
For further information on this opportunity, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Birch in the strictest confidence.