This is ideally suited to an experienced qualified accountant who is ready to join Top 100 NI firm with great culture, progression and training. This is a broad and commercial role which will offer the successful candidate a solid footing for success and progression.
What's on offer?
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary, dependant on relevant experience
- Annual Bonus scheme
- Annual leave + Bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
What's required in the role?
Reporting to the Group Financial Director, they are seeking an experienced finance professional to lead & develop core activities, including but not limited to:
- Provide financial and related advice and support
- Preparation, review and analysis of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Preparation and control of year-end statutory financial statements for audit
- Management and development of staff within the Finance team.
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained and the consistent review of same in the pursuit of efficiencies and continuous improvement
- Review and analysis of margin and costs to further improve profitability
- Review and development of business intelligence reports
- Preparation and control of the annual budget
- Preparation of investment appraisals and development of ad-hoc financial models, including input into the financial, commercial, due diligence and legal work for commercial transactions
- Real time investigation of accounting and/or process problems
- As a Project Lead, to manage various project-related work, to improve business-wide processes in key areas
- Ensure appropriate controls in place to protect company assets
What experience & Qualifications are required?
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Experience in producing statutory accounts for medium/large businesses
- Budget preparation and budgetary control
- Experience in development and implementation of processes and procedures
- Management experience with the ability to drive and manage change.
- Minimum 5 years people management experience
- Strong leadership qualities capable of effectively motivating and developing a team.
- Strong commercial awareness, customer focus and the ability to initiate and deliver results.
- Excellent cross-department influencing/communication and the ability to manage and adapt to quickly moving operational agendas in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office packages and solid understanding of accounting software principles.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to plan and complete work within deadlines.
What's the next step?
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH or on LinkedIn in the strictest confidence.
Why VANRATH is your preferred recruitment partner!
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.