Are you a Qualified Accountant looking an exciting Financial Controller opportunity for a leading NI company?
Salary / Benefits:
- Fantastic salary
- Hybrid working
- Flexibility on hours
- Huge opportunity to progress to FD
- Gain experience managing a strong team
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Manage and develop a team of accounting and administration staff e.g., carrying out performance reviews, coaching and training.
- Prepare annual budgets e.g., setting department budgets.
- Prepare forecasts.
- Prepare and present monthly management accounts.
- Control cash flow.
- Prepare statutory accounts, liaising with the auditors (when applicable), and agreeing the final accounts.
- Manage statutory returns to HMRC and Irish Revenue, such as VAT returns, RCT returns, intrastate returns.
- Manage all payroll activities to include timesheet processing, wages and pensions.
- Ensure compliance with statutory bodies such as P11d and P32 submissions etc.
- Research and submit claim forms for grant assistance from Invest NI and other bodies.
- Manage Research and Development claims annually.
- Monitor ongoing jobs to ensure they are within budget.
- Assist Tender team with quotations and make recommendations of financial implications for proposed projects.
- Manage all incoming calls and enquires, phone system and ICT hardware and software.
- Manage document control and archiving processes.
- Manage annual insurance renewals.
- Manage procurement process.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Accountancy Qualification from a recognised accountancy body e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Accountancy role.
- Can demonstrate competency with excel and accountancy software
- Team Management
- Experience in Construction / Engineering / Manufacturing / Plant Hire
- ISO experience
- Exposure to ROI accounts
For further information on this vacancy, or other Senior Accountancy opportunities in Northern Ireland, please contact Adrian Harrison in strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.