VANRATH are delighted to be assisting a Leading Engineering and Logistics company with the recruitment of a Customer Service Co-ordinator. A fantastic company to work within, with many opportunities for progression within a growing company in a thriving industry
Permanent position - role is based in Coalisland office
Shifts are Monday - Thursday (8..00AM - 5.00PM) Friday (8.00AM - 2.00PM).
Experience with Engineering or MRP or Logistics is an essential criteria for this role.
£27,000 - £30,000 + Fantastic Benefits package, and development opportunities
- Building and maintaining excellent customer relations, promptly responding to customers by phone and email.
- Enter incoming sales orders into the companies MRP system ensuring accuracy of all information is maintained.
- Liaise between internal manufacturing planning team and customer to agree delivery date and confirm order acknowledgement.
- Provide customers with regular updates on order status.
- Liaise with dispatch & warehouse team to sequence dispatch of finished goods ensuring on time in full delivery to all customers.
- Arrange courier collections of finished goods.
- Maintain an organised, accessible filing system.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience with Engineering or MRP or Logistics is an essential criteria for this role.
- Customer Service or facing experience is essential
- Great communication skills
- Customer Focused
- High attention levels to detail
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jack Groves in the strictest confidence via the link on this page.
It is quite common for a recruitment consultant to specialise in a particular industry or business type, recruiting professionals into roles and organisations within that space. For example, you may specialise in the finance sector and work mostly with financial organisations, placing candidates into roles such as accountancy or financial analysis. Alternatively, you may specialise in marketing and work primarily with digital marketing agencies, recruiting roles such as CRM manager and SEO copywriter.
Any job that relies on relationship building will differ between organisations and even from person to person, as it allows you the flexibility to hone your craft and approach your day-to-day tasks in the manner you find most effective. However, there are still many parts of the role which will be similar wherever you work. Here are some tasks that a recruitment consultant will typically undertake in their day-to-day role:
- Identifying and developing client/business relationships
- Advising on and selling the most appropriate solution for attracting candidates and maintaining a candidate database
- Assessing and responding to the needs of each particular client or assignment
- Sourcing suitable candidates and briefing them on the opportunities offered by the client
- Managing the process through the interview to offer stage and beyond
- Negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidate
- Offering CV, interview and general career advice
- Networking to build business information that can be converted into commercial opportunities
As discussed above, the role of a recruitment consultant centres primarily on the ability to build and manage strong relationships, to understand people and what motivates them, and to recognise where people will fit. The ability to be compelling and persuasive, develop relationships and work as part of a team, meet targets and compete for the best results is what will set you apart as a successful recruitment consultant.