A leading Machinery manufacturing company has been evolving and they are now looking to bring in a Business Development Manager to the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual to join a company that offers continuous progression opportunities.
- To prospect new dealers for all open territories and markets segments
- To support the development of these appointed dealers through proactive management
- To consistently focus on evaluating dealer performance and identifying and sourcing new channels for sales to drive the business forward.
- To partner with senior leadership and the product management team to identify new products demanded by the market, and to creatively suggest new products/ product improvements.
- To articulate the product offering to the potential dealers and end-users; to include product benefits, lifetime cost analysis and bespoke financing by leveraging the services of company Financial Services.
- Be a key contributor to the team, Attend and coordinate seminars, product demos and other sales activities as required.
- Communicate new product launches, product changes implementation as well as pricing policy. Make presentations to end-user customers and key corporate accounts.
- Coordinate sales training for dealer' sales force.
- Train and advise dealer staff (or end users) on products, machine applications, services, warranties, and basic aspects of technical sales.
- To adopt and/or assist with implementation of any new management techniques, systems, processes or reports as appropriate.
- To ensure compliance with the company and local laws and advise the brand line of any contradictions with company policies and good business practices.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
- Experience of successfully establishing and growing business globally utilising a dealer network.
- Candidates should demonstrate depth of knowledge on the different requirements of all types of sale and rental.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to assess the potential and suitability of prospective partners for the business, its needs and next steps in delivering business growth.
- Previous success in working with a third party dealer network and customers, setting challenging targets and working collaboratively to meet these.
- Practical knowledge of the principles and practices involved in new business development, product marketing and sales
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and current best practices involved in new business development and dealer management
- In-depth technical, sales and applications knowledge of our products would be a major advantage.
- Significant direct experience of managing dealer accounts within the treecare and vegetation management industry is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills to prepare and deliver formal and informal presentations to dealers and customers
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- You must be goal and result orientated with the energy and commitment to drive growth for the brand
- Significant regional and long-distance travel required