VANRATH are supporting our Public Sector client in their recruitment of an interim Business and Governance Manager to join their team based in Belfast city centre.
The Business and Governance Manager will have responsibility for the delivery of robust corporate (including risk management) and information governance arrangements. They will support the Head of Development and Corporate Services in providing effective business services across the Organisation, enabling it to deliver its statutory functions.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer plus a range of benefits including:
- £40,057 - £45,839 per annum
- Full-Time, Mon-Fri
- Annual leave entitlement and pension contribution
- Benefits (includes discount on fuel and groceries)
- Immediate start available
- Ongoing professional development support and career guidance form our senior consultants
Summary of the role:
The post holder will work closely with the Head of Development and Corporate Services to manage the Organisation's business support activities including strategic planning and performance management. They will provide leadership to the administrative and support staff, and will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation has high quality and cost effective support systems to assist its mission and business objectives.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational and communication skills and will be expected to work using their own initiative. They will work closely with managers and staff across the Organisation, as well
as with the Executive Management Team and additional internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate must meet the below essential criteria:
- A relevant university degree or equivalent.*
- Have at least 3 years' experience working in a middle management capacity in a business support environment, including experience of corporate or information governance.
- Have worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes
for a minimum of 3 years.
- Experience of managing a team of staff for a minimum of 2 years.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders internally and
externally to the organisation to achieve successful outcomes.
- Proven ability to communicate complex and contentious information effectively, both orally and in writing as appropriate to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Have excellent leadership and organisational skills with proven ability to build a strong effective team and deliver objectives.
- Proven ability to set targets and deliver objectives in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Evidence of report writing skills, including the collection, analysis and presentation of complex data in logical and relevant formats.
*Applications will be considered from candidates who do not hold a relevant qualification but who can demonstrate a minimum of 5 years' experience working in a middle management capacity in a business support environment, including experience of corporate or information governance.
For further information on this vacancy and to receive a full job description, or to hear about any other Pubic Sector roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Recruitment agencies are organisations that focus on matching candidates with recruiters. Companies will advertise jobs through them, and job seekers will look at the posts on offer. The recruitment agency in the meantime will scout through the job seekers, and try to match them to their most suited jobs. Recruitment agencies bridge the gap between both parties to make the whole process a much smoother one.
Not only do recruitment agencies help candidates find the right type of job most suited to them, but at the same, they time provide companies and businesses with the right fit they are searching for with their job. A recruitment agency is the best option for matching the right person with the right position.