VANRATH are supporting our large public sector client in their recruitment for an experienced Administration Manager to join their Bereavement Services team, on a full-time temporary contract based in Belfast City Centre.
This is an advantageous opportunity for a candidate with senior administrative skills and experience of supporting members of the public and others in times of personal stress and grief.
- £30,000+ starting salary
- Annual leave and pension contribution
- Benefits package (includes discount on fuel and groceries)
- Immediate start available
- Ongoing professional development and career guidance form our senior consultants
Acting as Bereavement Administration Manager, you will be responsible to the Business Coordinator (Finance/Systems) for managing the administrative and financial support services and ensuring the provision of a flexible, proficient and constructive clerical, administration and reception service to customers of the Bereavement Services team.
1. Management and booking of funerals and cremations and all associated administration.
2, Ensuring that all cemeteries and crematorium administrative and clerical matters are handled efficiently and speedily.
3. Ensuring that all administrative support staff across Bereavement Services and at different locations are kept up to date with the latest administrative processes and to act as a point of reference for all administrative and financial matters within the service.
4. Management and supervision of administrative staff within the Cemeteries/Crematorium Central Office and other site offices.
5. Management, development and supervision of a genealogical information service and cemetery records system for the Bereavement Services Unit.
6. Development and management of the Bereavement Services administrative activities, the setting of internal standards and monitoring of performance.
7. Assist the Business Coordinator (Finance/Systems) in managing appropriate budgets, monitoring income and expenditure to ensure financial targets are met and meet the requirements of Organisation's standing orders and financial regulations.
Candidates must be be able to demonstrate at least one year's relevant experience of working in a professional bereavement services environment in the following three areas:
- managing the provision of an efficient administration and clerical service, including the management of the records system, at senior or managerial level.
- working in a legislative-driven environment interpreting and applying statutory legislation and providing a high quality, sensitive and tactful service to members of the public and others in times of personal stress and grief.
- managing and supervising staff, that is, direct reports, including the monitoring and allocation of workload.
Candidates must also demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For more information on this vacancy, or other Public Sector jobs across Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…