Would you like to be Systems Accountant within a successful FP&A team for a hugely profitable and growing business?
- Superb salary
- 3&2 hybrid
- Fantastic benefits package
The Systems Accountant will be a strong business partner who is responsible for managing the financial systems implementation and management throughout the Group, including the new Group ERP system and financial planning system. They will work closely with the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Financial Accounting teams to ensure systems and reporting are consistent across the Group and meet the requirements of the new Group reporting structure.
- Act as a business partner to evaluate and develop business processes and propose and implement solutions to business system problems
- Manage the ongoing rollout of the ERP, S&OP and FP&A systems and the Group chart of accounts, including new entities, and understand the data flow between accounting systems
- Developing best practice and ensuring consistency in finance system processes across the Group, to include system permission compliance with delegated authorities and approval limits and ensuring the segregation of duties
- Ensure the integrity of the financial systems, including chart of accounts and account structure
- Provide support to the testing phases of new releases and new functionality which are introduced
- Provide on-boarding support to any new companies acquired, ensuring their reporting structures are brought in line with the Group structure
- Assist with the continuous improvement of Group financial reporting through automation of processes, integration of multiple datasets and cross-functional system interfaces (e.g. payroll)
- Support the Group Finance Manager with the month end, budget and forecast consolidation process as required
- Support the Group Finance Manager with the introduction of updated Group policies, procedures, accounting and disclosures throughout the finance team as required
- Experience in cloud-based planning software
- Recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA etc)
- Qualified through a large accountancy firm (Big 4 firm preferred).
- Previous experience post-qualification, working with financial reporting and planning systems
- Strong IT skills are required, including Microsoft Office
- Experience of systems implementation
- Experience of large ERP systems
- Experience of cloud-based planning financial systems
- Successful track record in a busy working environment in the delivery of relevant, timely and accurate financial information
- Proactive and intuitive with strong communications skills using a business partnering approach
- Previous experience in manufacturing organization
- Highly advanced excel skills
- Experience of designing data schemas and writing SQL in a self-serve environment
- Knowledge of Sage X3, Power BI, Microsoft Navision
For further information on this vacancy, or other Senior Accountancy opportunities in Northern Ireland, please contact Adrian Harrison in strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.