VANRATH are currently assisting an international manufacturing of medical devices for a Sustainability Analyst based in Comber.
What they Offer
- Flexible Hybrid working model - 2 days at home and 3 days in office.
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Competitive salary
- A university degree in a quantitative field: economics, science, engineering
- Knowledge of sustainability and some exposure to sustainability reporting requirements in the work environment
- Able to demonstrate a strong aptitude for working with data is a must.
- Excellent IT skills. Very strong excel skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment and/or medical devices is desirable but not essential.
- Must be willing to undertake some travel within the UK and occasionally overseas.
- Work closely with internal teams as diverse as waste, facilities, procurement, R&D, HR to lead deeper dives on the collection of appropriate data that can be processed to inform business cases, investment proposals and support progress against our environmental plan. Likely to require practical activity on major sites to map flows of materials, waste etc. to support creation of methodologies around data collection.
- Collate information for the preparation of Plastics Packaging Tax
- Assess the impact of current and future ESG regulation on the organization by building a solid understanding of the regulation and carrying out the necessary analysis on our products, processes, or performance to ensure compliance and inform mitigation activities or budget planning. Examples (but not limited to) include Plastic Packaging Tax, CBAMS, ESOS, SERC etc.
- Develop and lead a long term, continuous improvement programme on the measurement of our carbon emissions. This will include initiatives to automate the collection of data, improvements to the carbon calculator, improve data accuracy and support a shift towards consumption-based metrics to calculate our carbon footprint. Work with IT to support integration of any software tools to support.
- Responsible for calculating progress on scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions through the year, based on an agreed timetable. Provide all data support for the timely measurement of internal KPIs.
- Preparation of Plastics Packaging Tax return for review and submission by Finance.
To find out more information on this role on and any other Permanent Science/Data roles, please contact Shannon McGrath directly.
Some feedback from recent VANRATH candidates-
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''