SO Accountant (NICS, Immediate Start)
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting for a Qualified Accountant to join an NICS ALB on an ongoing contract basis. This is to bring in immediate support while the organisation recruits several permanent SO Accountant vacancies (which the successful candidate will be invited to also apply for).
Previous public sector experience would be advantageous but is not essential, although candidates who are available on short notice are preferred for this post.
- Analysis of financial data;
- Budget management and monitoring, monthly budget profiling, variance analysis and reporting;
- Prepare monthly accrued income and quarterly deferred income journals on a timely basis
- Production of monthly and/or quarterly management accounting information;
- Development and review of financial systems;
- Providing advice and guidance on the use and interpretation of financial information, accounting requirements and best practice;
- Drafting and implementation of financial policies, procedures and controls
- Be proactive in seeking out opportunities to make improvements to processes and procedures, to ensure that service delivery is efficient and effective.
- Actively seek opportunities to build knowledge of the work carried out within assigned science branches to enhance the service provided.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully Qualified Accountant with proven experience of working at a relevant level within the Public Sector
- Exposure to preparing management and statutory accounts
- Highly computer literate with a good level of familiarity with MS Excel (Pivots Tables, V Look Ups experience preferable)
- Immediate availability
SO Accountant Level
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below.