IT Project Manager- Prince II - Public Sector
VANRATH are delighted to be supporting this client, with recruitment, for an exciting opportunity. They are a large Education focused organisation, the team is responsible for proving a wide range of Project Management on ICT systems and projects. You will be joining at a time some extremely important projects are kicking off in the team.
This role will run initially for 12 months, reporting into the PMO Lead and is a full-time 36 hours per week.
Circa £23.36ph (plus holiday pay, pension and discount benefits).
Some genuinely important and exciting projects, making a huge difference for those involved in the sector. Circa 90 projects on the go at the minute that will involve managing 3rd part suppliers, connecting users to new applications, providing training on mobile and tablet devices, there is also a current exercise of bringing testing and accepting in house.
- Lead and co-ordinate the procurement and implementation of multiple projects across services within defined timescales and budget.
- Oversee assigned project implementation activities, managing both business and ICT personnel through the delivery phase.
- Report on progress against agreed timescales, costs etc. and will also manage any issues which may arise with 3rd party suppliers.
- Project Planning, including test plans, cut-over plans and training plans
- Ensure all project milestones are properly identified for all phases of the project
- Prepare project documentation for the ICT Programme Board and facilitate Project Board Meetings
- To work closely with Team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. Responsibilities include preparing status and RAID reports, and establishing effective communication plans
- Define project resource requirements to meet the projects' objectives
- Provide guidance and direction to members of the project team
- Allocate work packages to the project team
- To contribute to the preparation of ICT business cases for Programme Board approval
- Work closely with the Senior Project Manager, PMO and Head of Project's to ensure that all project deliverables conform to the PM framework.
- Undertake any other duties which from time to time may be required by the ICT Programme Board
The Ideal Person:
- PRINCE 2 Certified.
- End to end IT project management experience.
- Experience leading projects.
- Public Sector experience.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector IT Project Management job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…