In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer depending on experience. In addition to this the role also comes with a range of fantastic benefits.
VANRATH are pleased to be working with an industry leading MSSP who's Cyber Security Advisory team consists of dedicated security professionals providing a strategic direction to customers to advise on the current state of their Cyber program. My client is looking for a talented and highly motivated member to join their Penetration testing team as a senior member. As part of the Strategic Advisory team, this position will have oversight and responsibility over assigned penetration testing engagements, the Penetration testing as a service offering, as well as their Continuous validation and red teaming services.
The Ideal Person
- One or more of the following certifications: OSWA, OSWE, OSCP, CREST
- Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security and/or experience in cybersecurity - red-team/penetration testing roles.
- Strong knowledge of industry penetration testing tools
- Ability to configure, run, and monitor automated security testing tools
- Ability to Perform manual validation of vulnerabilities
- Technical understanding of various infrastructure, including web, Windows, Linux, mobile, cloud, API
- Experience identifying and exploiting web application vulnerabilities
- Strong knowledge of Networks, Linux systems, Windows systems, web applications, and scripting languages
- Strong knowledge of offensive penetration testing tools
- Strong knowledge of common attack tools, concepts, and frameworks
- Experience writing penetration testing reports
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to speak in depth on findings and remediation
- Knowledge of and ability to reverse engineer binaries for both Windows and Linux.
- Knowledge of and ability to administer network and host-based security tools to include penetration testing and ethical hacking products.
- Some knowledge of scripting languages: Python, Go, Rust, PHP, Perl, Bash, Ruby, PowerShell
- Perform a variety of penetration tests, including but not limited to Infrastructure (internal and external), Web Applications, APIs, Mobile, Wireless and Cloud
- Work collaboratively and independently with teammates to provide professional services to our clients
- Use offensive security expertise to research relevant tactics, techniques, and procedures for assessing and validating weaknesses in various infrastructure and technologies including cloud technologies.
- Test, reproduce and validate known vulnerabilities using automation technologies, manual penetration testing tools and know hacker tactics and techniques
- Develop scripts to automate repetitive actions of penetration tests
- Document exploits and results in remediation and professionally written reports.
- Understand, perform chained attacks, privilege escalation, and lateral movement techniques
- Conduct testing beyond automated tool validation, including full exploitation and leveraging of access within multiple environments, scenario-based security testing or red teaming to identify gaps in detection and response capabilities
- Develop and document new and custom exploits
- Develop and author simple tools via scripting language
- Develop and author custom exploits
- Respond to inquiries, guide and advise customers on security best practices.
- Identify and provide improvements on existing services, including continuous improvement of existing methodologies, tools and reports
- Create strong narratives and analysis for publication.
- Serve as a mentor to other Penetration testers and Threat Analysts and support them in their work.
- Assist in pre-sales efforts as a penetration testing subject-matter expert
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Cyber Security, Networks or IT Sales roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jordan Madden on 07871030483 in the strictest confidence.