We are thrilled to be partnering with this world renowned investment management firm, who are hiring at an extraordinary rate across multiple divisions ranging from trade execution, post trade, risk and algo execution. These teams combine some of the best thinkers in the investment management space - think the popular films "The Big Short" or "Margin Call" without the gruelling work hours.
Salary - Market leading
Fully Remote or Office - You choose
Location Flexibility (EU)
About the Team
The Algo Execution Services Technology team is in charge of creating, improving, and maintaining the internal suite of Algorithmic trading systems. This suite is a core offering provided by the firm to its portfolio management teams in order to help optimise executions. These multi-asset, global trading systems are currently active in nearly 50 markets. They are built and tuned to achieve high throughput and low latency. The team is distributed globally, with offices in New York, Miami, London, Moscow, and Singapore.
Job Functions Summary
The selected candidate will join a team and work on a variety of trading and technology projects. The job necessitates constant collaboration with various teams in technology, support, research, and business. As part of the role, you will have the opportunity to work on various technologies such as KDB+, AWS, Containers, various middleware platforms, and so on. There will also be chances to work on profiling tools and performance optimisation.
- Developing Java/C++ server-side algorithmic trading components
- Working on technical challenges such as scaling, reducing latencies, and automating testing.
- Contribute to the CI/CD pipelines and dev ops tools.
- Must be available for production support on a regular basis.
- The job may require you to code in and/or learn UI technologies.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related field is required.
- Expert knowledge of a high-level programming language
- 3-5 years of experience working on server-side components
- In-depth knowledge of concurrent, multi-threaded application environments.
- Unix/Linux knowledge is required.
- Previous experience with development tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, and JIRA is required.
- No prior experience with building algorithmic trading systems or finance required.
- Knowledge of any cloud platform and containerization tools is preferred.
- Knowledge of Kdb+/Q is an asset.
- Front-end development experience is preferred.
- Open to learning about finance/algorithmic trading and experimenting with new technologies
- Excellent communication abilities.
Interested to hear more?
For more information on this role, or to have a confidential chat about your career, please apply to the role or connect with Ben Sidebotham on Linkedin.