Are you seeking a new role within commercial/bid finance with a highly performing international & innovative engineering company?
Due to continued success & growth, the commercial team is appointing a senior finance professional to support their strategic plans for the future.
What's on offer?
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary around £70k, dependant on relevant experience
- Performance-related bonus
- Half day every Friday, usually finishing around 13:00pm
- Enhanced 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) plus opportunity to buy up to 40 hours/year
- 24 hours volunteering
- Private healthcare (grade dependent)
- Pension scheme
- Life cover
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
What's required in the role?
Undertake the activities that will ensure the successful delivery of commercial financials.
This will typically include the following:
- Bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to commercial management activities.
- Manage the preparation of pre-qualification response submissions to customers with the objective of securing an invitation to tender for commercial contracts.
- Participate in Commercial meetings, providing bid management direction and engagement with the Commercial Team.
- Work effectively with Operational Leader to generate strategies that link customer needs with defined benefits of the commercial offering.
- Ensure that cost estimates / target budgets are provided with support of Systems Engineering / Product Management.
- Ensure that cost estimates are effectively reviewed to ensure competitive and winning pricing.
What experience & Qualifications are required?
- University Degree in Economics, Accountancy, Finance or similar
- A proven track record of managing and delivering successful bids. We are happy to consider applicants from defence, heavy engineering (aerospace, rail, energy, marine), or construction, or IT infrastructure backgrounds.
- Experience of managing large, complex bids at a minimum value of £10m.
- Experience of full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies.
- Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, finance functions.
- You will have the ability to successfully manage a bid team and to drive solutions to successful conclusion.
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the bid life cycle.
- Excellent Sage / Microsoft Office, especially Excel skills
What's the next step?
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH or on LinkedIn in the strictest confidence.
Why VANRATH is your preferred recruitment partner
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.