Are you interested in joining the only Big 4 firm with a dedicated centre of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service? VANRATH are partnered with a global professional services firm seeking Senior Associate.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Salary up to £45,000
- Generous Bonus
- Generous Annual Holiday leave (with option to increase)
- Employer pension contribution
- Life Insurance
- Progression Pathway
- Flexible Benefits package
The employer is a leading market focused business, providing corporate accounting services to national and multinational corporations, with a focus on helping them to remain compliant and providing insights to their operations.
The services provided by are high quality, process / cost efficient and relationship based. They are delivered by a technically proficient, innovative, commercially focused and agile national team.
They have a varied and prestigious client base and work with various specialists in their own field which, combined with the importance placed on continuous technical training and personal development, provides an excellent opportunity for career development.
The opportunity is to join a small team in our Belfast office that is showing healthy growth and works for some very exciting clients. If you feel the below role matches what you are looking for we are interested in hearing from you.
The successful candidate will report directly to a team of Managers and Senior Managers, as well as the Director.
- The preparation of statutory financial statements
- Providing skilled accountants on secondment where clients have a temporary need for additional resources
- Bookkeeping and preparation of periodic management accounts.
- Provides advisory services, which includes advising on statutory accounting compliance requirements
The role also requires an ability to take responsibility for the management of junior accounting staff, as well as participating in group management matters such as, effective financial management of own portfolio of clients and participation in group technical training meetings.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Qualified or part qualified ACA with proven experience in a medium to large accountancy firm
- Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge on financial reporting matters including the ability to work from first principles
- Very good working knowledge of UK GAAP / IFRS and some awareness of US GAAP
- IT literate, ideally with some experience of accounting packages and very good excel spreadsheet skills
- Highly professional attitude to providing a quality service working on challenging assignments in a deadline driven environment
- Self motivated with strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate flexibility in changing client environments
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other senior accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH or on LinkedIn in the strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.