A leading EV Solutions company has been evolving and they are now looking to bring in a Sales Estimator to the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual to join a company that offers continuous progression opportunities.
£35,000 - £40,000 + Company EV + Free home charging point
Fantastic benefits package included.
As a Sales Estimator, you will play a pivotal role in supporting successful sales efforts. Your responsibilities will include a commitment to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of our EV charging technology, collaborating with the sales team to provide technical guidance to clients, and conducting cost estimations for EV charging infrastructure projects. Additionally, you will conduct site assessments, collaborate on proposal development, maintain documentation, engage with customers, and work closely with internal teams to ensure technically sound solutions. Essential qualifications, include time served electrician with strong civil engineering knowledge, proven experience in a sales or estimator role, strong analytical skills, and proficiency in relevant software.
This position requires a deep understanding of EV charging technology and a keen eye for detail in cost analysis.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of our EV charging solutions and associated technologies.
- Electrical knowledge of distribution systems, cabling, routing, protective devices, and installation methods.
- Understanding of civil engineering is advantageous
- Collaborate closely with our sales team to provide technical guidance to clients, answering their inquiries, and explaining the technical aspects of our solutions.
- Conduct comprehensive cost estimations for EV charging infrastructure projects, including equipment, and ongoing operational costs.
- Analyse project requirements and provide accurate cost breakdowns to support the sales team in creating competitive proposals.
- Conduct site surveys to assess the feasibility of EV charging installations.
- Identify potential challenges and recommend solutions to ensure successful project deployments.
- Collaborate with the sales team to create compelling proposals that incorporate technical details and accurate cost estimations.
- Ensure proposals align with client budgets and objectives.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain detailed documentation of all pre-sale's activities, including site survey reports and cost analyses.
- Generate reports to track and analyse sales and project progress.
- Engage with potential customers to understand their needs and objectives, addressing their technical questions and concerns.
- Attend client meetings and presentations to provide technical insights.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including sales and project managers, to ensure that project requirements are met, and solutions are technically sound.
- Assist in developing product and solution enhancements based on customer feedback.
- Time served electrician (18th edition) with strong civil engineering knowledge and good analytical skills, and proficiency in relevant software.
- Proven experience in a sales or estimator role in a relevant industry.
- Technical knowledge of charging infrastructure and associated technologies.
- Strong understanding of civil engineering practices and methods
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail for accurate cost estimations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools for cost estimation and project management.
- Clean current UK driving licence required to travel to various sites
- Please note that this position requires availability for on-call duties on a rota basis which entitle you to an on-call allowance rate.
- Degree/NVQ in Electrical/ Civil Engineering
- Industry certifications related to EV charging technology (e.g., EVSE, EVITP).
- Previous experience in conducting site assessments
- Project management experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Sales & Marketing roles in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Groves in the strictest confidence.