VANRATH are assisting our Public Sector client in their search for an exceptional Rural Development Manager to join their programme team.
This is an exciting role for a candidate with experience and passion for Economic and Rural Development, to have long-term impact through efficient programme management, as well as community and stakeholder engagement.
Overview of the role
Full-time | 37 hrs per week | Office based with programme related travel
£44,624 per annum | Full holiday allowance and benefits
Temporary until June 2023 with possibility of 1 years' extension
The ideal candidate
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Possess a third level qualification in Economic/Rural Development or a closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of Project Management/Programme Delivery.
- Experience of delivering capital projects.
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting work demands.
- Experience of managing staff.
- Financial management.
- Project management.
- Ability to use new technology.
- Access to a form of transport to fulfil the duties of the post.
Overview of responsibilities
The Rural Development Manager will successfully manage a small team, while delivering across both service unit and area responsibilities. To include:
- Managing the implementation of the Rural Development Programme ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of the strategy and associated work plan.
- Promote and maintain high-level community and stakeholder engagement.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Service, to develop and implement a unit business plan, and relevant policies and procedures in support of the Corporate Plan.
- Ensuring the effective management of financial, human and physical resources and associated budgets in the delivery of the service.
- Meet set governance obligations, including legal, audit, procurement and financial regulations.
- Implementing the agreed communication methodology of the service unit.
- Ensuring effective contract management.
- Leading on the implementation of Village Plans and oversee the delivery of projects deriving from them.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
- To be available out of hours as necessary as part of the emergency planning response team.
For more information on this vacancy, or other Public Sector jobs across Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop or Adam Stinson in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…