Calling all highly skilled and experienced Qualified Accounting Technicians to join this dynamic firm and team. This role will focus on managing and providing expert guidance on personal and corporate tax matters for clients. If you are a qualified accounting technician with a strong background in tax and a passion for helping clients navigate complex tax regulations, we encourage you to apply.
What's in it for you?
- Market leading salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Early finish on Fridays
- Be part of a supported, inclusive, vibrant culture
- Opportunity for excellent career progression
What you'll do:
As a Qualified Tax Technician specializing in personal and corporate tax, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Tax Compliance: Ensure timely and accurate completion of personal and corporate tax returns for a diverse range of clients, including individuals, sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- Tax Planning: Provide expert guidance and advice to clients on tax planning strategies, tax-efficient business structures, and compliance with tax regulations. This will include exposure to other taxes including VAT, PAYE, CIS and Stamp duty.
- Client Consultation: Engage with clients to address their tax-related concerns, answer queries, and offer proactive solutions to optimize their tax positions.
- Record Keeping: Maintain comprehensive tax records and documentation to ensure compliance with all relevant tax laws and regulations.
- Tax Legislation: Stay current with changes in tax legislation and regulations and ensure clients are informed and compliant.
- Audit Support: Collaborate with the audit team to support tax-related aspects of client audits, ensuring all tax obligations are met.
- Client Relationships: Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, providing exceptional service and demonstrating expertise in tax accounting.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
Qualified Tax Technician: A recognised accounting qualification or certification (e.g., AAT, CAT, ACCA) is required.
Tax Expertise: A strong background in personal and corporate tax accounting is essential.
Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address complex tax issues.
Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate and compliant tax reporting.
Communication: Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate tax strategies and requirements to clients.
Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
Regulatory Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of tax laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
Software Proficiency: Proficiency in tax-related software and accounting tools.
What's the next step?
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other senior accountancy jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Emma Jayne Bowen at VANRATH or on LinkedIn in the strictest confidence.
Why VANRATH will help you secure your next role:
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.