In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer of £45,000. In addition to this, the position comes with a range of fantastic benefits.
VANRATH is delighted to have partnered with a leading cyber security firm to recruit a Product Support Engineer to join their talented team.
The Ideal Person
- Familiarity with networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, etc.)
- Understanding of Operating System fundamentals (Windows or Linux)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work well in an organization spread across multiple locations and time zones
- Ability to prioritize and manage time-sensitive tasks
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate US time zone overlaps
- Willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and proactively drive self-education
- Log Management experience (including Syslog, Windows Events, and NetFlow) is preferred
- Demonstrated network troubleshooting and systems administration knowledge
- Understanding of fundamental cyber security concepts
- Previous experience working with a SIEM(IBM QRadar, FortiSIEM, Alienvault, Logpoint)
- Previous experience with other security detection technologies such as firewalls, IDS, or log management (Splunk, etc)
- Two or more years of technical support experience
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline or relevant industry certificate. Commensurate relevant experience may be accepted in place of missed criteria.
- Help customers onboard/deploy monitoring of their on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Help customers guide installation of collectors, agents (Windows/Linux/EDR) and other applications.
- Act as part of a team who are the primary customer and internal contact and owner for security support issues.
- Provide direct technical support to customers and partners via email, ticket systems, phone, and video conference with screenshare. Work cross-functionally with account managers, security services, software engineers, and other internal teams to solve problems and improve customer experience.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to determine root cause of problems, propose and implement workarounds, and work to implement a solution.
- Reproduce customer issues to verify and help understand problems, while ruling out external factors.
- Create, improve, update, and review internal / external documentation to streamline the customer experience and share key learnings with the rest of the organization.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Network / Cyber Security, Networks jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact David Kernohan in the strictest confidence on 02890330250 or at email@example.com