VANRATH delighted to be recruiting for a large education focused, public sector organisation. Reporting directly to the PMO Lead you will be required to work effectively with senior staff across the ICT Service.
The purpose of this role is to assist with the establishment and maturity of the PMO through the implementation of a standardised governance process and ensure project controls are in place throughout the project-cycle of all initiatives within the ICT Programme of work.
£21.36ph - £23.97ph, plus holiday pay and pension (alongside discount benefits).
- Support project managers in ensuring that budgets, risks, issues, and changes are managed effectively
- Managing and supporting the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Solution
- Assisting Project Managers in the use of our tools, methods, and processes
- Ensuring projects are compliant with agreed Project Management Framework and have appropriate governance in place that support successful delivery of project.
- Working directly with our internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure effective project delivery
- Provide projects teams with templates and best practice guidance when required and act as central "lessons learned" body.
- Assist the delivery of work Programmes to meet needs of designated business areas.
- Assisting the ICT Projects team with the development of project documentation including but limited to, requirements specification, procurement documentation and project delivery schedules and reports.
- Management of specific stages within the project as and when required.
- Organisation of provision of support for end users and ensuring projects are communicated to and transitioned to BAU in an effective manner.
- Identification of project risks and issues and collating reports to Senior Management.
- Creation of Project schedules and project documentation required throughout the project life-cycle.
- Finance & Project Support including raising of Project order
- Creation and collation of projects reports on behalf of the Project Manager
- Project Support role experience or PMO experience
- Prince 2 - desirable
- MS Office and MS Project
- Governance experience
- Some travel across sites across NI will be required in order to attend meetings, and fulfil full range of duties and responsibility.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Project Manager / PMO / BA jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath in the strictest confidence.
A few words below with candidates I have recently worked with to help them their next career move:
"I would definitely recommend Vanrath if you are looking to secure a new job opportunity. In particular, Shannon McGrath was very helpful, providing detailed information about the role and giving timely updates and reassurance throughout the entire process. Shannon made the whole experience very easy!"
"I had a great experience with Vanrath, and in particular the help provided by Shannon McGrath was first class! She was extremely thorough in helping me land a new job and gave me all the necessary information I needed prior to the interview and afterwards. Very friendly and approachable, and I would fully recommend Shannon to anyone that needs help finding work!"
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector jobs in Project Management / PMO / Business Analyst space in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…