Payroll Co-ordinator (Part-Time)
VANRATH is pleased to be working with a well-known charitable organisation to bring in a Payroll Co-ordinator on a permanent part-time basis. The successful Payroll Co-ordinator would report directly to the FD. Our client is a diverse organisation, who have been supporting the local community for over 50 years. The successful Payroll Co-ordinator will be responsible for managing an out-sourced payroll contract for 1000+ employees daily and will report directly to the FD.
Our client has a generous remuneration package on offer for the successful candidate…
- Competitive salary
- Group pension
- Sick pay scheme
- Hybrid working
The role will support the outsourced payroll function for over 1000+ employees daily. This role is part-time spread over 5 days. Initially, this role will be office based but a hybrid model will be in place after the probationary period. The successful Payroll Co-ordinator will play a vital part in liaising with the outsourced payroll team and in the continues improvement of the payroll processing and reporting tools. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- To manage all internal payroll controls and polices
- Adhering to payroll procedure and GDPR
- Responsible for the implementation of new payroll controls and police s
- Accurate and timely payment processing
- To be responsible for all aspects of payroll financial control including month end reconciliation of RTI submission, payroll control accounts, deductions and subsequent reporting.
- Manage all payroll related enquiries
- Undertake ad-hoc payroll reporting and payroll related projects
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be an experienced payroll professional with a minimum of year 3years' experience in a large payroll function. Moreover, it is vital the successful Payroll Co-ordinator has a solid understanding of UK PAYE legislation. Excellent written and spoken communication skills are a must, to ensure accurate communication with third parties. The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent) to include Maths and English at a Grade C or above
- At least 3 years' experience working in a large payroll function
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel
· High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to analyse problems and provide solutions
- A CIPP qualification would be desirable
- Experience using Sage 50 or Sage 200 would also be beneficial for the successful post holder
An exciting and vibrant role, within a reputable organisation that can offer a fantastic collaborative working environment. This role would be well suited for an individual keen to make the next step in their career and gain hands on experience liaising with a payroll bureau too.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.