VANRATH have partnered with a market-leader in the Baking industry. This client is seeking to add an account manager to the team, the successful candidate will grow sales and develop on customer relationships on key accounts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any account manager or key account manager experienced individual to join a longstanding company that offers many routes for progression.
Monday to Friday role with hybrid options.
£30,000 - £45,000 basic wage + up to 15% bonus plus a fantastic benefits package.
(considering junior and senior candidates within Food/FMCG for this position)
- Able to deliver forecasts based on ensuring accurate assumptions via the following: understanding current customer landscape i.e. growth/decline/opportunities, competitor landscape & promotional activity
- Works with the customer to gain future insight & alignment
- Extrapolates trends to provide insight, able to translate into a number (volume/value)
- Works closely with demand planning and category teams to build these assumptions, takes a longer-term future view
- Understands pricing architecture and implementation of gross to the net framework
- Ability to translate/present options through an understanding of full mix management
- Support the wider team with reporting
- Customer Spend Management
Winning with customers:
- Able to sell to customers using pre-prepared category data and insight
- Uses different lines of questioning to gain customer insight and information to ascertain the customer needs
- Creates a compelling sales story by understanding the need & selling the benefits of the company solution
- Can reference how the company solutions fit in with the customer's strategy
- Building trust with customers through understanding and delivering against the hierarchy of needs
- Has a basic level understanding of margins and pricing to be able to calculate benefits for customers and for the company
- Understands the impacts of different types of investment on the P&L (e.g. lump sums, pence per loaf and % investment)
- Has a basic understanding of RGM principles (e.g. target GMAS per loaf, minimum NSV rates etc)
- Always aims to sell before negotiating
- Understands customer requirements through questioning and short term and long term outcome
- Has a basic plan for customer negotiations with established walk away points and some concessions to trade
- Manages internal stakeholders through the negotiation process, aligning qualitative and quantitative outcomes
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) and / or several years experience
- Experience in blue-chip FMCG
- Specific Account Management experience
- Excellent salesperson and strong negotiator
- Experience in new business development
- Commercial acumen &analytical - Excel / PowerPoint / Google
- Good understanding of forecasting and track record of forecast accuracy
- Passionate and tenacious
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
- Understanding of own personal style and ability to flex
While not essential, preference will be given to those candidates who have
- Full P&L responsibility
- Experience within allocated accounts or similar
- Training: customer meeting process, negotiation skills, managing customer's effectively & influencing skills
- Knowledge of bakery industry
- A variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
- We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
- We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
- We offer three levels of pensions
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Sales & Marketing Roles in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Groves in the strictest confidence.
Some positive candidate feedback we've received-
''Excellent recruitment service. VANRATH helped me secure a new role within days of first contact and the team couldn't be more helpful and responsive since I began my new position. Would highly recommend that anyone looking for employment registers with VANRATH as they are head and shoulders above other agencies that I have dealt with.
''I very much enjoyed my experience with VANRATH. They were great to work with, very friendly and efficient and streamlined everything for me so I had the least amount of stress as I went in for interviews. Looking forward to starting in my new role!''
''Had a great experience with Vanrath. Being new to Northern Ireland, they made me feel very welcome. The team provided lots of tips and support for job opportunities. Would thoroughly recommend the Vanrath team!''