Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a fast-growing N.Ireland company of world-class experts in ultra-low latency software/ Crypto solutions.
This homegrown success story, built by a small but expert team, are pioneers in the financial technology space working on an innovative new platform in the exciting world of Cryptocurrency.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Junior C++ Developer who is passionate about the language and wants to learn from some of the authors and thought leaders in C++
To attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience, plus a range of benefits including:
- Flexible holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Sick Pay
As an Engineer in our client's technology function, you will bring technical delivery capabilities to the development teams and provide support for the delivery of production systems. You'll be proactive in addressing issues as they arise and be capable of taking on responsibility for completing complex delivery tasks with support and guidance from the Senior and Principal Engineers.
You'll be passionate about software development, a self-learner, and keen to grow your technical skills to help your development team to be successful. You should be comfortable working in agile teams, foster transparent and collaborative communication, have a commitment to quality and continuous improvement with a strong focus on
The Ideal Person
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics(or a closely related discipline), or equivalent industry experience
- 1-2+ years of industry experience.
- Experience in the software development lifecycle in a technical role as part of a multi-skilled delivery team
- Be able to demonstrate the development and delivery of key features into a complex system
- Experience in using C++ or Python as a primary delivery language in a professional environment
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of modern C++ (at least C++11) to support feature delivery
- Experience in using agile tooling to support team delivery
- Knowledge of Python
Other nice to haves include:
- Experience of C++ 20 or above
- Experience in using Boost
- Linux shell (or Windows PowerShell) experience
- Experience in using Git for version control
- Experience of CI and CD in an enterprise environment and associated tooling such as Ansible, Docker, and Gitlab
- Experience in virtualisation and cloud offerings in production environments such as Linode, GCP, and AWS
- Experience of container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience of contribution to open source projects
- Experience developing Ethereum Smart Contracts using Solidity or other smart contract technologies
- Experience of general Distributed Ledger Technologies(blockchain) and concepts such as consensus algorithms, side-chains, and scaling solutions
- Experience of other general-purpose scripting languages such as Ruby or Perl
To find out more information on the role advertised, please call Phil Gamble directly or send in your CV via the link below.