Are you interested in a change, perhaps you would like more flexibility and autonomy?
Feel free to reach out to me directly on LinkedIn for a confidential discussion.
- £45,000 - £65,000
- Hybrid Work from home (flexible)
- Competitive Pension
- Private medical/Life Cover/Dental
- Free on-site Gym
- Critical illness Cover
- Income Protection
- The Client is a market leader in the telecommunications sector and telecommunications products, with expertise in the whole lifecycle of telecom billing system experience, including real-time and offline charging systems, CDR mediation, and Policy Control.
What you'll be working on
- As a software engineer, you will be working in a team of mixed skills professionals (business analysts, system integration, QA, Ops teams) on the Client's innovative solutions for OSS/BSS.
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, providing fixes and reviewing changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- Develop information systems by designing, coding and installing software solutions.
- Develop software solutions by analysing information needs with users, defining system flow, data usage, work processes, programming code and standards.
- Document solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, metrics and clear code comments.
- Follow the software development life cycle.
- Improve operations by investigating problematic areas, conducting systems analysis, defining/measuring/analysing KPIs and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Manage data security (confidentiality, integrity and availability).
- Provide information by collecting, analysing and summarizing reports, dashboards and metrics.
- 3 to 6 years of market experience developing software using Java (Spring/Spring Boot, Microservice architectures, REST/SOAP/CORBA)
- Database expertise: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Unit and Integration tests experience.
- Experience working with CICD, GIT, Jira, Jenkins.
- Excellent OOP skills.
- Excellent communication in English.
- Teamwork and adaptability to challenges.
Additional Requirements (Optional)
- Experience working with Cloud solutions (GCP, AWS, or Azure, dev ops, and scaling infrastructure) and Containers (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience in Telecom solutions (Protocol Handlers, OSS, BSS, Billing, Charging, CDR Mediation) would be a plus.
- Experience with unified charging applications (Flex Logic, IPD, ngOM, CAF, etc.)
- Automation knowledge: Ansible, Terraform.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology.