This Client has been paving the way over the last few decades in helping the world's most iconic brands develop lasting relationships with their customers and workforces alike.
To address ever-increasing, ever-shifting consumer engagements, this client draws on the latest advances in artificial intelligence and analytics, open integration, and the science of customer engagement.
This is an interesting multi-dimensional role which requires a holistic view to build complex, high quality product features using the latest technologies and techniques. The Software Engineer contributes to the design, development, and implementation of the Predictive Experience Platform.
Up to £50,000
Up to 19% pension (8% personal contribution)
Up to 12% Bonus
25 Days Annual leave plus Public Holidays
Remote first and flexible working
Private health Insurance - 100% premium paid
Private dental insurance - 50% premium paid
Life Insurance (4x Salary)
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities
- Designs, implement and test complex software applications.
- Provides effective communication with geographically distributed team members.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test execution, and certification of software.
- Escalates urgent issues to Engineering Management.
- Engineers, through code/design reviews and peer-programming efforts.
- Interacts with Product Owner to ensure that specifications are satisfied.
- Communicates design, reliability and maintenance problems to appropriate internal resources.
- May function in a support role with the following additional responsibilities:
- Responsible for debugging, troubleshooting and developing technical solutions in the form of software patches related to software errors.
- Creates workaround solutions when product procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- Minimum 1 year's professional experience
- Experience in event-driven and microservice architecture essential.
- Hands on with Java, Spring framework essential.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented development, design patterns essential.
- Development experience with NoSQL database such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud environment is desirable.
- Experience with Kubernetes is desirable.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline implementation is desirable.