VANRATH are delighted to be working alongside our client, a well-known Public Sector organisation, in their recruitment for a temporary Communications and Information Officer. This is an immediate start for an initial duration of 6 months.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the communications strategy and implementation plan.
- Organise and manage engagement events with stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Draft formal, written correspondence to stakeholders. For example, correspondence to political representatives or other public organisations.
- Maintain content of the website, ensuring information is relevant and up-to-date.
- Manage and support the production of printed and online materials.
- Develop, co-ordinate and maintain effective links with the public relations support provider.
- Uphold the organisations reputation and public image in any external communications.
- Collate and interpret qualitative and quantitative data from a wide range of sources in order to produce reports to inform communications strategy.
- Identify and analyse information from a range of internal and external sources, to identify learning and support service development/improvement for the benefit of service users.
- Manage the presentation of information to effectively and consistently respond to questions and information requests from external stakeholders (such as Assembly Questions, media enquiries etc.)
- Develop and implement action plans to improve information exchange between key stakeholders.
By the closing date for applications candidates must have a:
- Minimum of 2 years' practical experience of implementing an organisation's communications strategy.
- Minimum of 2 years' practical experience of report writing and presenting advice and recommendations to a Board and/or Senior Management Team.
- Minimum of 2 years' practical experience of developing positive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2 years' practical experience in developing content for use within communications (such as websites, media statements, information campaigns etc.).
- Current UK Driving Licence with access to a car. This will be waived in the case of an applicant whose disability prohibits driving but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements.
- Salary starting from £31,137 with full pay from Day 1.
- An immediate start is on offer.
- Full Holiday allowance from Day 1.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…