Job Title: HR Manager
Location: Belfast City Centre
Duration: Full time / Permanent
Salary: up to £40k
Are you an experienced HR Manager looking for your next move? Do you enjoy all aspects of the HR function from development, performance management, recruitment and employee relations? This may be the role for you.
VANRATH is thrilled to continue our fantastic relationship with one of NI's most recognisable family run businesses as they search for their new HR Manager. I would like to speak to candidates who hail from a strong HR Generalist background or someone in an existing HR Management position looking to flourish in a new environment.
- Competitive Salary - £35-40k
- Private Medical Insurance
- 28 days holiday per year
- City centre location
- Free Car Parking
- To provide a dedicated HR Advisory service on all Employee Relations issues to all levels of employees from entrant level to senior management.
- To manage the end-to-end recruitment and selection process including supporting the HR Team with designing adverts, creating competency-based interview questions, drafting appointment letters and contracts, delivering corporate induction, and equality reporting to the Equality Commission.
- To design, implement, maintain, and update HR Policies in support of all legislative and business changes.
- To ensure the HR Team drive performance and compliance in line with employment legislation and best practice.
- To provide expert advice and support to managers and employees on the implementation and interpretation of HR policies, procedures, and current employment legislation.
- To support managers in the performance management process and delivering on the yearly appraisal cycle.
- To design and deliver in-house training on policies and procedures to managers and staff as and when required.
- To lead HR projects as required by researching, designing, and delivering best practice.
- To ensure the highest levels of HR service delivery in recruitment, development, training, coaching, and employee relations.
- To manage the administration of company benefits and yearly renewal processes.
- To support line managers in assessing new employees during the probationary period ensuring adequate training throughout the organisation's six-month probationary period.
- To liaise with relevant outside bodies in relation to all HR issues.
- To provide HR advice and support to Managers on all HR and employment legislation issues and to assist in the capacity building of managers in these areas.
- To be responsible for overseeing all disciplinaries and disputes which may arise.
- To participate in inspections and Audits of the HR function and ensure any required corrective action is implemented.
- To support the Directors in succession and workforce planning.
- To complete and return all government and statutory returns as required
- To attend Senior Management meetings to report on HR matters as required
The above list is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Degree level qualified or equivalent in a HRM related discipline.
- CIPD qualified (Level 5 or above).
- At least 3 years' experience in a HR Manager or HR supervisory role.
- Solid HR generalist experience in an advisory capacity in the following areas: recruitment and selection, sickness absence, managing performance, employee relations.
- Experience of creating, reviewing, and updating Policies in line with employment legislation and best practice.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Up to date and relevant knowledge of employment law in NI
- Full Clean Driving License and access to use of a car or can meet the travel requirements of the post.
- Previous experience using PAMS
- Previous experience using a computerised payroll system
- Previous experience in a Bookmaking or Retail environment
- Knowledge of Data Protection and GDPR.
- Previous experience of using computerised annual leave systems
The Ideal Candidate
Takes Ownership - provides creative solutions to business issues/ needs, ensuring lessons are learned and improvements made. Monitors and drives effectiveness, compliance, and competitiveness of specific processes (using targets as appropriate).
Manages Relationships - seen as being approachable and accessible. Builds constructive working relationships. Linked into specialist networks and expertise. Flexible approach.
Judgement/Decision Making - makes good timely decisions based on analysis, knowledge, and experience. Provides specialist advice to others.
Communication - clearly communicates to a variety of audiences using a range of methods. Able to facilitate discussions on specific subjects or of a complex nature.
The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the job holders to meet quality standards and work deadlines. The individual must have a forward- thinking approach and be able to work independently.
For further information on this exciting HR Manager vacancy, please contact Jason Glenn via the link below in the strictest confidence or reach out on LinkedIn.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.