VANRATH are delighted to be working in partnership with our client, a longstanding Charitable Organisation within the South Down area.
This is a permanent, full-time office based role. Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Our client are looking for an HR Manager with generalist experience, to join their team to focus on driving all aspects of the HR function. The successful candidate will support the organisation with guidance, information, advice and training ensuring that compliance and best practise are at the forefront of the HR function.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to managers across the organisation on all aspects of HR including absence management, grievance and disciplinary matters, providing solutions through intervention and prevention while ensuring standards are implemented fairly and consistently.
- Take the lead on the development of the People and Culture strategy along with the Head of Finance and Business Resources.
- Design, deliver and review workshops in areas of HR best practice to support with the enhancement of knowledge and skills of the management team.
- Monitor and review all HR practises and processes ensuring compliance and best practice is followed.
- Support managers with recruitment and selection processes ensuring that job descriptions, person specifications and recruitment materials are supportive of attracting the best talent to the organisation.
- Support managers with the development of competency-based interview questions and developing their skill set in recruitment and selection best practice.
- Ensure that recruitment and selection campaigns are conducted in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor and review HR information systems with support of the HR Administrator to ensure offerings remain fit for purpose and cost effective.
- Produce monthly management reports for the Senior Management Team to provide concise and accurate updates.
- Oversee the training operation ensuring that compliance levels are maintained at a high standard.
- Work proactively with Line Managers in dealing with absence management, grievance and disciplinary matters, providing solutions through intervention and prevention while ensuring standards are implemented fairly and consistently.
- Oversee Employee Relation cases completed ensuring that they are to the appropriate standard, ensuring a fair and consistent organisational approach.
The Ideal Person
- Third level qualification in Human Resources or a related discipline (or equivalent)
- CIPD qualified to Level 5 or working towards.
- Minimum of 3 years HR generalist role to include experience of:
-Managing the recruitment & selection lifecycle
-Management of employee relations including disciplinary, grievance, performance and attendance management.
-Policy development and review to ensure legal compliance
- 2 years demonstrable experience of working in a HR role taking responsibility for driving improvements and managing change.
- 2 years experience in coaching management teams in all aspects of our staff management and development, including employee relations issues, performance coaching and development
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent IT and report writing skills
Salary & Benefits
- £30,000 to £33,000
- Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 Days annual leave (plus an additional 3 days after 5 years of service) + 8 Bank Holidays per year
For further information on this vacancy, or any other HR roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.