Are you a marketing trailblazer? Do you have what it takes to build a globally powerful brand and in turn build our success? We are looking for a proven strategic and tactical marketer to build a world- class marketing team and take our marketing department to the next level.
You will be joining the Company at an interesting time, as they have just secured some of their most exciting projects to date and we are in the process of launching a new line of revolutionary machinery.
We are currently recruiting for Head of Marketing who will be responsible for heading up the companies expanding Marketing Department, taking responsibility for all activity across the Marketing function.
You will have the responsibility for creating, delivering and overseeing others in their delivery of the progressive, distinctive, visible, impactful, coherent and measurable company-wide marketing strategies that you, yourself, have created and honed. In addition, the Head of Marketing will appreciate the importance of brand definition and brand building, because everything you do must be brand addictive. You will internalize and follow clearly positioned/differentiated brand strategy guidance, documentation and thinking into your day-to-day and across your department.
- Leading Our Marketing, and Our Marketing Team. You will build, guide and inspire your team to execute brilliantly and consistently on important, layered marketing concepts and strategies that you yourself will create.
You will develop layered, interesting and ever-more sophisticated and challenging World Class business communications strategies, ideas and activity in the area of broad Marketing Communications, in order to perfectly prime clearly defined markets - in the UK and around the world - to buy from the company and make selling easier for the companies experienced and sometimes territorially focused Sales team. You will be able to explain to Senior Managers fully, and reason convincingly, why what you are proposing is the correct thing to do - contextually - for this brand and this organisation at this time.
You will be an organised, tidy (because you will set standards and police touchpoints / environments / interiors), reliable and proven manager of people and processes. And you will be just as willing and capable of leading by example, displaying competence in all of the knowledge and skills that you would expect in the people you oversee.
- Branding. You will be driven to both differentiate the brand by following existing branding frameworks and guidance, and overseeing the creation, evolution (as required) and rollout of a distinctive and uniquely identifiable visual identity that is brave, surprising - and uniquely the company - across all touchpoints. To police quality standards, pace, consistency and precision throughout. It is likely that you will oversee third party support from (for example, and not limited to) design, advertising and PR agencies. So you must have experience and high-level ability in the key areas of design, advertising, PR and other specialist business communications disciplines, able to judge the work professionally as well as converse knowledgeably, fluently and convincingly.
- Insight. You will appreciate the importance of Marketing Orientation, having the interest, discipline and drive to understand (and where relevant create or define) market segments, customer avatars, buyer behaviour and our current and evolving global trading environments in detail, territory by territory. That said, the company is a pioneering brand, so superb instincts and intuition are important too.
- Attitude, Ability and Approach. A positive, likeable, and 'can-do' person, you'll have superb attention to detail, be organised and determinedly quality-driven. You will be restlessly creativewith a fearless and uncompromising 'winner' mentality. You'll be knowledgeable about historical and current marketing and business communications thinking via an obsessive approach to self-development. You can articulate and evidence your ideas convincingly, respectfully balancing the companies history and habits with new perspectives - powerful, fresh, exciting, relevant, and contemporary results-focused thinking and ideas.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Senior Marketing role with leadership and management experience inside an aspirational, category-leading B2B brand.
- Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant qualification is required.
- A great, evidencable track record, of confident leadership with the ability to create and oversee the successful delivery of short and long-term interdependent design, brand and marketing strategies.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with senior leaders/key stakeholders to ensure all stakeholders are informed, engaged, and satisfied. In addition, is a proven 'do-er'; so you will be proactive, fast and effective when it comes to getting the job done.
- Must have an entrepreneurial, pioneering spirit; looking to both lead and drive our category.
- Can work across teams and is able engage people in the ever-changing dynamics between markets, brand, marketing, branding design and sales.
- Creative and adventurous, with a curious and analytical mind able to distil, process, articulate and act on findings. An extremely efficient, persuasive and coherent written, visual and verbal communicator.
Rewards & benefits
- Highly competitive salary with benefits package