VANRATH are seeking a Financial Controller to develop a divisional finance function for a leading engineering company based in Lisburn. This is an ideal position for an accountant seeking an opportunity to step into a leading finance role and build their team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, they are seeking an experienced finance professional to imbed & develop core activities, including but not limited to:
- Managing Cost Control including management of full Purchase Order process, Requisitions, following up capex spend and Cash Flow Forecast Reporting
- Compile timely and reliable month and year end closing data in line with guidelines
- Provide financial information to and actively advise the management team in financial and economical matters with the goal to optimise Cash Flow and Working Capital
- Assess and monitor identified improvement actions in terms of economical impacts
- Initiate new actions based on benchmarking, best practice, sharing and own creativity
- Compile required data for budget and forecast based on demonstrated performance, including expected improvements, and timely submission of budget/forecast figures to central functions
- Analyse and comment significant changes compared to previous year, Budget/planning and target values
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures in financial aspects
- Support and ensure the implementation of revised or new controlling/financial processes as well as business relevant information tools on a local basis
- University Degree in Economics, Accountancy, Finance or similar
- Specific qualification in Management accounting / Controlling (CIMA or similar)
- Good Sage / Microsoft Office, especially Excel skills
- 5 years of experience in a commercial environment
- Work within fast paced engineering / manufacturing environment (preferable)
- Strong service orientation and ability to work as a team with local management
- Good Communication Skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to proactively address and solve problems
- Ability to challenge the status-quo while effectively working in multiple teams
- Balance detail orientation with "big picture" understanding of the business
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience.
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb in the strictest confidence.