VANRATH are exclusively seeking a Financial Controller to develop a divisional finance function for a specialist construction & engineering company. This site is based close to Belfast and is ideally suited to an ambitious accountant seeking to progress strategically with a blend of delivering divisional leadership with a beneficial wider-group structure & support.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary around £65k, dependant on relevant experience
- Annual leave + Bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Company Sick Pay
- Hybrid option
The Head Office is based in central Europe and operates a number of divisional sites across Europe in key locations due to their delivery specialisms. The company is also implementing a global strategy following a recent European merger and is increasing its client base through competitive growth and winning additional contracts.
Reporting to the Divisional Managing Director, they are seeking an experienced finance professional to lead & develop core activities, including but not limited to:
- Compile timely and reliable month and year end closing data in line with guidelines
- Provide financial information to and actively advise the management team in financial and economical matters with the goal to optimise Cash Flow and Working Capital
- Managing Cost Control including management of full Purchase Order process, Requisitions, following up capex spend and Cash Flow Forecast Reporting
- Initiate new actions based on benchmarking, best practice, sharing and own creativity
- Compile required data for budget and forecast based on demonstrated performance, including expected improvements, and timely submission of budget/forecast figures to central functions
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures in financial aspects
- Support and ensure the implementation of revised or new controlling/financial processes as well as business relevant information tools on a local basis
Experience & Qualifications:
- University Degree in Economics, Accountancy, Finance or similar
- Specific qualification in Management accounting / Controlling (CIMA or similar)
- 5 years of experience in a commercial environment
- Good Sage / Microsoft Office, especially Excel skills
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH or on LinkedIn in the strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.