VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting a Financial Controller for a well-established highly successful company who are currently looking to grow their already established Accounts team. The company is face paced, dynamic and has grown exponentially since its inception.
The Financial Controller will lead the existing team, reporting to the Finance Director. This role is suited to someone who can be hands-on and use their own initiative. Strong communication skills and attention to detail is essential.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary, medical insurance and pension. Due to the busy commercial environment, the role is site based.
As the Finance Controller, your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Taking ownership for preparation of quarterly management accounts and reconciliations
- Preparing monthly journals and account analysis, Supervising month end close
- Leading the financial year end and audit work
- Preparing cashflow statements as required, bank reconciliations and supervising payments
- Ensuring that Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled monthly, and any risks are highlighted to the Finance Director
- Being a point of contact for all financial queries
- Assisting the Finance Director to implement business process improvements
- Completing various returns and requests for information, as required
- Managing and coordinating workloads for a team
- Ensuring VAT, CIS, returns are submitted within a timely manner
- Assist with completing Grant Applications, Survey returns, Etc.
- The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Have 3+ years experience, preferably experience gained in a fast-paced environment
- Have experience using accounting software such as Sage
- Demonstrate an ability to lead and manage a team, delegating work, supporting team members, coaching, and mentoring when required
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and have excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH in the strictest confidence.