A brilliant opportunity has just opened up for an Education Support Assistant, to join our client, a well-known Further Education College in Newtownabbey. Our client requires an experienced learning support candidate to support the organisation on a temporary basis until mid June 23. The role offers a 4 day working week, with working hours Monday - Thursday 9am to 4pm.
Vanrath are delighted to be working alongside our client, a well-known Further Education College based in Newtownabbey.
As Education Support Assistant you will:
- Provide in-class one to one or small group support to learners
- Understand barriers to learning
- Provide support to students in literacy, numeracy, communication and IT skills
- Cover a variety of issues including challenging behaviour
- Make necessary reasonable adjustments
- Provide Progress reports on students
- Organise drop-in sessions where learners can discuss particular issues
The Ideal Person
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent in an appropriate subject
- GCSE English Language (Grade A-C) OR Essential Skills Level 2 or higher in Communication or equivalent
- GCSE Maths (Grades A-C) OR Essential Skills Level 2 or higher in Application of number, OR NICATS Access Maths modules
- A minimum of 12 months' experience working one to one with young people or adults in a FE and/or HE environment
- Recent experience of supporting individuals with a disability and/or additional barriers to learning
- Recent experience of delivering study skills in an educational or training environment.
This role offers an hourly rate of £11.49p/hr and an immediate start is on offer.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other role in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.