Deputy Principal Accountant (Civil Service, Permanent)
VANRATH are now part of the CCS Framework, and as such will now have several permanent opportunities upcoming within the likes of NICS, EANI, Health Service and many more. We welcome the opportunity to speak to any finance professionals interested in a full time, permanent position within the public sector.
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a DP Accountant to join a well known ALB within the NICS, where the successful candidate will join a well established finance team in Belfast City Centre. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to gain experience within the public sector, where you will have opportunities to progress within the team and manage other junior members of staff. The ideal candidate does not need public sector experience to be considered for this post, and if successful you will gain a competitive salary with full NICS benefits.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Report and Accounts for Audit.
- Preparation of monthly finance budget reports to budget managers including variance analysis.
- Budgetary analysis and control including profiling expenditure.
- Oversee the processing and approval of financial transactions on AccountNI system.
- Maintenance and processing of company assets.
- Carry out all procurement exercises in line with Central Procurement Directorate's Public Procurement guidance.
- Manage the payroll function, ensuring payroll and pension transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Manage the grants' process within company policy and procedures.
- Manage staff in the Finance Department.
- Be a full, current member of a CCAB / CCAB Ireland recognised body.
- Have at least 2 years' post qualification experience, gained within the last 5 years (from the closing date for applications), in an accounting or finance environment within an organisation to include each of the following:
- The preparation and submission and / or audit of the Annual Report and Accounts: and
- Preparation of budgets and finance reports for budget managers, including variance analysis; and
- Staff Management.
- Hold a full valid driving licence and have use of a car for official business, however, consideration will be given to reasonable adjustment in respect of disability to meet the travel requirements of the post.
As the successful Systems Accountant you will benefit from;
- Excellent remuneration package
- Excellent work-life balance
- Warm and friendly environment
- NICS Salary Scale
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence.