Credit Control Team Lead (14 Month Contract)
VANRATH is pleased to be working with a Magic Circle law firm, for an experienced team lead to oversee the billing and credit control functions for the European entities. The successful candidate will assist the manager to ensure the timely reporting and billing, as well as liaising with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues in a timely manner. This role is on a 14- month contract and can offer great career progression as you gain vast exposure to the European market.
My client has a generous renumeration package on offer to ensure they attract the best talent in a very competitive market…
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Gym membership
- Healthcare plan
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring team performance and ensuring timely reporting for the accounts receivable function.
- Daily motivation of and allocation of workload to the European Working Capital Team to ensure performance goals met or exceeded, and accountability for the overall performance of the European Working Capital Assistants
- Monitor team performance against KPIs & SLAs and be able to report on and explain deviations from targets including but not limited to the deterioration of aged debtors profile, daily collections activity, collections levels, billing & reporting targets and have input and full involvement into correction of any deviation
- Carry out regular monitoring of all team activity and provide feedback & support, through daily contact and monthly one-to-ones
- Act as initial escalation point for the European Working Capital team for guidance on case management and any non-standard account queries or requests
- Build and maintain a close working relationship with the immediate & wider Working Capital Teams, as well as with Heads of Finance.
- Take responsibility for specific Key Clients as indicated by the European Working Capital Manager
- Support the team in daily working capital duties
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal candidate will have previously worked in a supervisory role within either billing or collections and be confident to lead a team. Moreover, having multicurrency experience would be beneficial.
- A positive, confident, excellent communicator and highly organised individual, with evidence of established supervisory/team leading experience
- Experience of working at a supervisor level in either a billing or credit control environment
- Experience in a high volume finance or financial services environment is essential.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent
- High competency levels in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and delegate as appropriate
- Strong people management skills and able to demonstrate successful performance management
- Experience working with challenging stakeholders & clients
A truly fantastic opportunity for a finance professional to enter a renowned business, with ties across the UK and the EU. For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy and Finance jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence