VANRATH are delighted to be working alongside our client, a well-known Public Sector organisation, in their recruitment of a Compensation Manager (HR) to join their team on a permanent basis. This role offers an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a well-established Public Sector Organisation.
The Compensation Manager will be a key member of the Total Reward Team, reporting directly to the Head of Total Reward.
Through strong and professional thought leadership, the Compensation Manager will be responsible for leading and providing expert advice and analysis on a range of compensation related matters to the HR team and managers across the business. They will also be required to make complex reward decisions using their professional training and experience. Ensuring equality, fairness and appropriate governance of pay and job evaluation.
The Compensation Manager will lead the transformation project of the Organisations Total Reward offering.
The Compensation Manager will contribute to the development and delivery of the Organisation's reward strategy, by leading projects and will be required to provide expertise, knowledge, communications and maintain positive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including the Trade Unions and Executive Committee.
- Lead a project team to transform the Organisation's Total Reward offering
- Support and maintain new, modern pay structures that reflect the Organisation's Vision, Business Plan and yearly aspirations.
- Provide expert reward input and advice as required by HR colleagues to ensure that the business is supported in a proactive and effective manner.
- Manage and improve the Organisation's reward programmes and processes, including assessing the effectiveness of current programmes and implementing improvements and change where necessary.
- Support the annual remuneration review processes, including annual and ad-hoc salary reviews, compensation review, salary survey benchmarking processes, and pay negotiations.
- Manage and oversee the implementation and ongoing maintenance of career path frameworks encompassing grading structures and job families.
- Manage the internal job evaluation process for new roles and reviewing existing roles and any other evaluation methodologies.
- Training line managers and others internally who need to use the evaluation framework.
- Monitor competitive reward trends, evaluate options and make recommendations, as appropriate, to help ensure that reward policies reflect best practice and to provide solutions.
- Conduct pay and benefit-related calculations and analysis to support various business improvement projects.
- Provide specialist advice on Reward policies and schemes in line with the People and Culture Strategy and effectively communicate with staff, enabling the recruitment, retention and motivation of employees.
The Ideal Person
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject eg Finance, Accountancy, Business, Statistics or HR.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a Compensation/HR Manager role within a large complex organisation.
- Experience of successful pay negotiations within a complex unionised environment.
- In depth up to date reward knowledge and associated legislation with extensive experience of its practical application in the workplace.
- Ability to explain complex information in a clear and concise way such that it is easily understood by a range of audiences
- Strong MS Excel skills with demonstrable experience of relevant complex data manipulation and statistical analysis.
- Experience of Project Management, leading reward projects from beginning to end, which includes complex stakeholder management.
- Experience managing cyclical reward processes, including salary reviews.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and evolving HR environment.
- Self-motivated and able to self-manage to deliver to timescales with the confidence to escalate issues and/or solutions that would prevent these deadlines being met
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established Public Sector Organisation on a Permanent Basis with a salary of £39,152-£47,852 on offer. Please get in touch to find out more on this opportunity.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other HR job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.