VANRATH are recruiting for a temporary Communications Manager for a well-known Public Sector organisation. This is an immediate start for an initial duration of 6 months with possible further extension.
- To implement a multi-channel communications strategy for the organisation and the EU funding programmes it is responsible for, including the new PEACEPLUS Programme.
- To take the lead and advise the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team on all matters relating to reputation management and crisis communications.
- To promote the results and outputs of the EU funding programmes managed by the organisation to a diverse range of stakeholders, on a cross-border basis.
- To lead the Communications Team in the successful delivery of all digital marketing, advertising, event management, media and PR communication activities.
- To manage the communications budget and ensure that all expenditure is within agreed limits.
- To provide advice and guidance to funded projects in order to ensure that they meet all relevant EU communication regulations.
- To deliver an internal communications strategy.
- To procure and effectively manage all communication consultant and supplier contracts.
- To provide an effective and efficient service to respond to ministerial, departmental and political representative queries from the NI Executive and the Irish Government.
- A degree level qualification in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or Media Studies (or equivalent Level 6 qualification) and a minimum of 3 years' experience gained in a similar role,
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent Level 6 qualification) in any subject and a specific qualification in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or Media Studies and a minimum of 3 years' experience gained in a similar role.
- A minimum of 3 years' management experience, gained in a Communications function within the public, private, voluntary or community sectors.
- Can demonstrate experience in liaising with a wide range of key stakeholders and influencers e.g. Government officials, political representatives, relevant private/public bodies, journalists.
- Experience of working with the media and developing and maintaining good media contacts.
- Experience in the development of a corporate communications strategy and the development of corporate branding for an organisation.
- Experience in overseeing the management of marketing and PR related activities and events including associated budgets.
- Experience of handling and managing the media on a regular basis, experience in writing articles/briefs for public consumption, experience in advising senior management on media related issues.
- Access to transport as travel between sites will be required.
- Salary starting from £39,748 with full pay from Day 1.
- Immediate Start on offer.
- Hybrid working policy (2 days per week from home).
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…