VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our Major Public Sector client with the Recruitment of a Capital Builds & Asset Co-ordinator to join their fun and friendly team based at their HQ in Lisburn.
Monday to Friday
Grade - PO3 - £20.26 per hour.
- Provide expert advice to the Capital Build & Asset Manager in the implementation of the Facilities & Assets Strategic Business Plan in developing and delivering an estate that is 'fit for purpose' and enables the transformation and modernisation of the organisation in line with its strategic needs and in accordance with budgetary constraints.
- Provide expert advice to the Capital Build & Asset Manager to establish, develop and implement the annual Capital budgets in a timely and efficient manner to enable the effective delivery of identified Facilities & Assets needs and to manage the individual budgets assigned them in achieving an annual breakeven position.
- The day to day management of the appointed Contractors and Design Teams, in line with departmental procedures, including but not limited to quality of work, response times and site inspections.
- Develop professional working relationships with the appointed Design Teams and Contractors to deliver an effective and efficient station refurbishments, extensions and new build works across the designated areas of responsibility. Attend, and input to, monthly design team and contractor meetings to chart progress and address issues, whilst acting as lead officer for the company.
- Establish effective working relationships with the appointed Design Team to develop plans and specifications and agreed desired outcomes for upcoming projects and programmes.
- Through management of multi-disciplinary teams, proactively deliver complex capital and minor works projects (£30k-£250k); station refurbishments and extensions (£250k - £1m) and new build works (£1m - £6m), in a cost effective, structured and timely fashion.
- Communicate and manage amendments to work timelines and specifications with relevant parties to ensure targets are met.
- Investigate, assess and develop innovative solutions to construction and value for money issues as they arise.
- Determine the best route to procurement, in line with Legislation, this will involve procurement of services through the Dynamic Shortlisting System and eTendersNI.
- Report on progress, issues, risks and challenges on contracts and projects to the Capital Build & Asset Manager.
- Possess a Degree or equivalent level qualification in a relevant subject i.e. Construction; Building Surveying, Energy and Building Services Engineering, Planning and Property Development, Estates Management or equivalent; and Have at least 3 years relevant post qualification experience within a facilities/estates management role.
- OR Possess a HND/HNC or equivalent level qualification in a relevant subject eg. Construction; Building Surveying, Energy and Building Services Engineering, Planning and Property Development, Estates Management or equivalent; and Have at least 4 years' relevant post qualification experience within a facilities/estates management role.
- OR Have at least 7 years' experience within a facilities/estates management role.