VANRATH have partnered with leading provider of high-quality Commercial Security and Life Safety Systems. The client is looking for a motivated, ambitious, and experienced Business Development Executive to cover N. Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any Sales experienced individual to join a longstanding company that offers many routes for progression.
This role would be mainly field based, with an office based in Belfast.
Working hours: 8:30am - 5pm. Monday - Friday.
£47k OTE with car or car allowance provided. Excellent benefits including performance bonuses and development opportunities.
- Actively promote company products and services during planned visits to potential new customers, and existing customers seeking to expand or upgrade their systems.
- Actively promote company products and services during planned visits to third parties including electrical consultant engineers, contractors, influencers within the public sector, multi-site users, large organisations and all other potential parties who may be involved in specifying or purchasing electronic fire & security systems or services
- To coordinate and/or independently carry out sales surveys, in accordance with the required codes of practice or industry norms expected by NSI
- To ensure sales and design paperwork are completed accurately, in line with the contract requirements and NSI regulations
- To create a professional sales proposal in line with company branding and NSI requirements, and deliver this to the customer or third party in the most effective manner
- To follow up in a timely manner all sales proposals with the overarching aim of generating revenue for the company at an acceptable profit margin.
- To seek feedback on any unsuccessful bids and present this information to the team for continual improvement.
- To complete and submit all sales paperwork and sales activity reports in line with company procedures
- To update the company CRM with sales activity, leads, opportunities and contacts
- To be a pro-active member of the Sales team, seeking out leads and opportunities through networking and research
- Assisting with the setup and delivery of sales demonstrations or presentations as required
- To provide customer support by assisting with the design and costing for additional works, helping to ensure customer satisfaction while maximising potential new business opportunities
- To provide Sales support for the engineering team, assisting as necessary with customer communications to facilitate the commissioning and handover of projects
- To provide Sales support to the accounts team, assisting as necessary with customer communications to resolve disputed invoices or charges
- Attend Sales Meetings to provide progress reports and updates on sales activity
- Attend networking events, exhibitions and trade shows, representing the company in a professional manner, promoting the principals of integrity, good business practice, and excellence in customer care at all times
- Supply Senior Management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitor activity, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep up to date with best practices, new technology, and industry trends and regulations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience within the industry is ideal but not essential.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in B2B technical product sales (Construction or M&E sector preferred)
- Self-motivated with the ability to develop business opportunities and launch new initiatives.
- Valid Driver's licence.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Sales Roles in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Groves in the strictest confidence.
The time and effort it takes to find a job can be an overwhelming experience and process, especially when you've been searching for a few months and haven't had any breakthroughs.
Even tougher is when there is global economic disruption impacting the local job market.
So what if someone else could support your job search and help manage this on your behalf?
This is where recruitment agencies play an important role.
Many job seekers choose to look for roles on their own because few know how to really tap into the expertise and network of recruitment agencies, who are essentially the conduit between bringing the best employers and brightest candidates together.
Ultimately, the role of a recruitment agency revolves around working with employers and job seekers to facilitate a successful job match. And there are multiple factors that need to be considered: skills and experience, qualifications and education, culture fit, salary expectations, career development and progression, start date and importantly in the current market, potential and contribution to business recovery and future growth.
Recruitment firms can therefore be your key to unlocking job opportunities that align to your present needs and circumstances.
In order to be successful in your job search when using a recruiter, it's crucial to understand how recruitment agencies operate. They were first known as employment agencies with the aim of matching employers to employees, so think of them as a partner in your search. They'll not only connect you with prospective employers but additionally, can act as a guide, help you to refine and write a more targeted resume, endorse you to employers, and provide advice on your career path if there isn't a suitable role available immediately.