A fantastic opportunity for a driven accounts professional to join a leading company in NI. VANRATH is delighted to be working with a well-known commercial business in Dungannon, VANRATH are keen to attract a commercially astute Assistant Accountant to work in already established finance function. If you are keen to progress your career in a dynamic and vibrant organisation, this is the role for you. The Assistant Accountant will report the the Finance Manager.
Our client has a fantastic remuneration package on offer for the successful candidate:
- 31 days holiday, increasing with service
- Staff discounts
- Free parking on-site
VANRATH are looking for a driven part-qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or a QBE candidate, who is keen to further progress their career in a commercial environment. The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Accruals and prepayments
- Daily reconciliations
- Stock and variance analysis
- Purchase and sales ledger duties
- Journal postings
- Maintain accounting systems and controls
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a driven individual who has worked in a similar role and preferably have in working in a fast-paced commercial business for 5+ years. The successful Assistant Account should meet the following criteria:
- IATI/AAT qualified or CIMA part qualified
- Proficient with Excel and accounting packages (ideally Sage 50)
- Strong commercial experience & excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to manage competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills dealing with a range of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills to forge close working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and external bodies.
- The ability to work accurately under pressure to achieve deadlines.
For further information on this role, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please contact Hannah O'Doherty in the strictest confidence