A public sector organisation have opened a position for: IT Support - Server Management - Belfast (33k). You'll be joining an infrastructure department of around 15 engineers, and you'll be within the Server Engineering team offering IT Support. You'll be helping with the management of the IT infrastructure, which includes 1500 servers (mostly virtual). This is a Monday to Friday 9 to 5, but there is flexibility regarding start/finish times. They're a positive team of engineers there, so they are looking for a positive team player, who's passionate about IT. Experience of Windows Server (2012-2022) and Virtualisation (such as VMware, Hyper-V etc) is essential.
*Hearing great things from engineers there - really great place to work.
What's in it for you?
- 3-month contract - rolling extensions
- £33,000 pa
- Work life balance - no shift rotations, this will be business hours Monday to Friday
- Hybrid working - 1 day on site per week
- Great opportunity to kick off a career within the health sector - many have secured permanent positions or many contract extensions after doing well in their initial contract
- Strong professional experience of Windows Server (2012 to 2022) and Virtualisation (such as VMware, Hyper-V etc).
- Proactive problem solver
- Positive team player and strong communicator
- Cisco UCS experience would be great to have but not essential
- Knowledge of storage (SAN / NAS / DELL) would be great to have but not essential
What you'll do in an IT Support - Server Management role.
- IT Support - Server Management (1500 servers - virtual)
- Deploy new virtual machines and decommission old
- Server updates / replacements
- Proactive problem solver within an operational hands on role
- May gain exposure / help out with Cisco UCS management
For further information on this job: IT Support - Server Management - Belfast (33k), or any other IT Support job in Belfast or Northern Ireland, apply via the link below or contact JP Rooney for a confidential chat today.