We are delighted to be recruiting for a Band 5 IT Senior Service Desk Analyst, who will support the Service Desk Team Leader in providing an efficient and effective service desk function within the I.T Department. This will include working as part of the team providing first level support and technical services in relation to the timely resolution of Incidents and Service Requests.. This is a 6 month ongoing position.
Equivalent to Band 5 Point 1 of HSCNI scale at c£270,45 + holiday and pension
Our client is a large Belfast based health sector client, seeking to improve the health and wellbeing of the Northern Irish public. They apply the highest levels of knowledge and skill to preserve life, prevent deterioration and promote recovery. The Client provides high quality emergency, urgent and primary care services throughout Greater Belfast.
The Ideal Person
The ideal candidate needs to have the following experience;
- Experience in providing IT support and 2nd Line Helpdesk
- A working knowledge in all of the following:
- Data communications networks and TCP/IP protocols
- Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (e.g. 2003/2007/2010/365)
- E-mail Services (Exchange) and Internet Access Configuration
- Microsoft Windows (e.g. Vista/7/10)
- Active Directory
- Knowledge of ITIL Best Practice in relation to ICT Service Support
- Previous team lead experience desirable
- Driving License & Car Beneficial
As the IT Senior Service Desk Analyst, you will:
- Assist the Service Desk Team Leader in the supervision and management of the Service Desk function within the IT Department. This will include assisting in the completion of assigned tasks within the team, monitoring their completion and ensuring that appropriate quality standards are maintained
- Work as part of the Service Desk function for service request and operational support which will include technical trouble shooting and ensuring that the appropriate technical solutions are applied at all times.
- Assist in the supervision of the Service Desk Team in order to ensure that the team delivers a prompt and knowledgable service to keep any downtime of ICT equipment and connectivity to the network services, to a minimum.
- Manage user expectations in accordance with relevant Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Trust priorities.
- Assist in the operation of the service requests management within the IT Operations Centre team
- Assist in the updating of operational procedures for the service requests, ensuring that other team members are suitably trained in the use of the system, that documentation is maintained at all times and there is ongoing compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring that the service requests team comply with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures for data security and confidentiality, in order to preserve the integrity of all information.
- Participate in Working Groups and Project Teams as required by the service requests team leader.
- Assist as required, in the specification, procurement and installation of hardware and software.
A bit about me:
I have been recruiting in the Belfast market for the past 3 years, helping Public Sector, HSCNI and NFP organisations hire Project Management & IT Specialists.
At VANRATH we partner with you, providing up to date information on credible organisations and roles that best match your skill-set or aspirations.
Please see below for one of my recent testimonials available on Google.
"5 stars to VANRATH and Peter Brittain!
Something that struck me was Peter's diligence to find a role that would suit my experience. Peter showed great professionalism, work ethic and we struck it off from day one on the phone with his friendly can do attitude. I would highly recommend getting in touch with Peter and VANRATH if you are looking to take that next step in your career or are looking a change!"
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence. Peter.Brittain@vanrath.com or 02890330250