VANRATH are delighted to be supporting a leading FMCG organisation based in Belfast who now require an Assistant Buyer to join their dynamic team on an initial long term contract.
What's in it for you?
- Salary - Up to £30,000
- 5% completion bonus
- Hybrid working
- Maternity cover
- Excellent working environment
About your next employer
As Assistant Buyer, you will optimise the contribution of the assigned product portfolio to the overall sales performance and profitability of both the business and their Retail Partners in Northern Ireland. This will be achieved by building strong supplier and customer partnerships which will enable sustainable sourcing and supply of quality products, at optimum prices and in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience at buyer level with responsibility for managing product portfolios within the food/wholesale industry
- Previous experience in data analysis and interpretation
- Experience of working on a cross functional or cross departmental basis
- Proven track record of delivering commercial results
- Ability to meet targets
What you'll do
- Reviewing product range on a regular and ongoing basis reflecting best practice category management principles and informed by market and consumer research, marketing and sales department input and supplier innovations
- Revising promotional activities in accordance with market conditions
- Monitoring the performance of all products in terms of volume, margin contribution and market share and taking appropriate steps as necessary to achieve operational targets
- Developing and communicating category management plans to all departments and customers ensuring their full understanding, buy-in and implementation with a view to optimising sales effectiveness and profitability
- Developing detailed promotional strategies and plans to optimise revenue and margin opportunities within the promotional spend budget
To apply today contact Ethan Boylan in the strictest confidence.
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''