VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join a fast-paced commercial business in Belfast. Due to continued success and demand my client has to expand their current finance function to meet the needs of the business.
- Competitive Salary up to £28,000 DOE
- Holidays that increase with service
- Company car schemes
- Life Assurance
- Health care plans
- Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Career development opportunities
As the new Assistant Accountant, you will be responsible for;
- Producing financial reports to the highest accuracy
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Assist with both internal and external audits.
- Assist with payroll for external provider
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Maintenance of the Purchase & sales ledger
- Using the in house accounting systems and controls daily
- Direct staff in financial procedures and processing of accounts
- Support other members of the Finance Team in the analysis of information and ad hoc financial reporting.
- Manage the direct debit system and prepare the monthly prepayment journal.
The ideal candidate
Must have at least a years' experience within a fast-paced finance function. The Assistant Accountant must have excellent communication skills and capable of building relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Detailed knowledge of accounting and IT systems is essential for this role.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of other Microsoft office packages
- ATI /ATT Qualification or CIMA, ACA, ACCA or QBE
- Team player with the ability to use own initiative
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
For further information on this role, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please contact Chanel Gillen in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250 or apply via the link on this page