VANRATH are delighted to be working alongside our client, a well-known Public Sector organisation, with the recruitment of an Advice & Compliance Officer (HR), focusing on a range of duties involving promoting equality with employers, to join their team. This role offers an immediate start, initially until the end of March 23.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate looking for an immediate start in a contract role predominately working from home.
The post holder reports to a Manager in the organisation's Advice and Compliance Directorate, and is a member of a team of officers responsible for a range of advisory and promotions functions in respect of organisations that have equality responsibilities i.e. public authorities, private sector employers, service providers and third sector organisations.
Implementing effective organisation strategies to ensure the efficient provision of advisory and compliance functions to organisations with equality responsibilities, focusing on the organisation business priorities. This will include:
- Promoting equality of opportunity and fair participation with public, private and third sector organisations across the legislative provisions for affirmative and other positive action to obtain greater employment equality in the areas of age, disability, equal pay and sex equality, fair employment, race and sexual orientation.
- Developing, delivering and monitoring the outcomes of a range of training and/or events covering anti-discrimination legislation and the statutory duties.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders to deliver programmes of work.
- Providing advice to organisations on the review/ development of equality policies to promote equality.
- Ensuring accurate and timely retention of relevant information.
- Liaising with other staff within the organisation on matters relating to the work of the Directorate or to provide assistance with the work of other Directorates, as required.
The Ideal Person
- A third level or equivalent relevant professional qualification. Applicants without a third level or professional qualification will only be considered if they have at least three years experience where the majority of the duties were in a related area (as specified in Point 2 below).
- At least two years experience where the majority of the duties were in a related area such as personnel/human resources, equal opportunities, statutory duties, training and/or advice giving, or legal.
- Good written and verbal communications skills and the experience necessary to enable effective communication in writing, negotiation and providing advice on equality matters to managers and staff at all levels in the public and private sectors.
- Experience of the development and delivery of training programmes to groups and organisations and effective communication skills to engage and provide advice to public authorities, employers and service providers.
This role offers a competitive salary of £32,328 - £33,459 and an immediate start, alongside full holiday pay from Day 1 and a range of exclusive perks and discounts. Hybrid working is also available.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.
Our consultants are sector specific and have an in-depth knowledge of, and experience in, their respective fields. Put simply, they are the best in the business! We continually monitor trends and developments within the market to ensure we provide the very highest quality advice and support to our clients and candidates.