VANRATH are thrilled to be assisting a major public body with the Recruitment of an Administration Assistant for their Western Area Command (Crescent Link) depot.
Scale 4 Lot 5 Spinal Point 7
To provide an exemplary, customer-focused administrative service to all internal and external customers of the Service Support Business Unit.
To contribute as an integral member of the Service Support Directorate to support the vision and mission of the company.
1.To provide a modern, efficient, professional and customer-focused administrative service to all functions within the relevant Area Command as well as to other internal and external customers, in accordance with the relevant company policies and procedures and relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection.
2. To prepare and collate relevant information, letters, memos, statistics, reports and other documents for management, committees or working groups as required, including for board reports, annual reports, statutory returns and information relating to budgets.
3. To design, create and maintain databases, spreadsheets and other documents, ensuring that all computerised and manual systems used by the various functions are maintained accurately and on a timely basis.
4. To provide advice, guidance, and support, where applicable, on current administrative processes to both uniformed personnel and support staff.
5. To assist in monitoring and reviewing of administrative systems and processes, identifying areas for improvement and implementing change in line with organisational policies and procedures.
6. To set up and maintain suitable physical and electronic records and filing systems, which will include handling sensitive information and disciplinary records.
7. To provide all administrative support for meetings, as required, including preparation for the meeting, taking minutes and any follow up administrative tasks.
8. To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence of a general nature, including drafting responses and/or forwarding to the appropriate section and other general office duties, including, requisitioning of stationery, processing incoming and outgoing mail, binding, laminating and filing.
9. To provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of customer queries and complaints and following issues through to completion. Dealing with internal and external customers either face to face or by telephone and email, including reception duties as required.
10. Administration of specific processes, as required, for the respective directorates/functions e.g. Transformation, Planning & Governance, Service Delivery, Service Support, Finance and HR.
1. To ensure continued and effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders such as other employees, NIFRS managers and external customers.
2. To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of NIFRS.
3. To comply with all NIFRS frameworks, policies and procedures, including but not limited to those relating to legal requirements such as equality, health and safety and information governance.
4. To maintain an up to date knowledge of organisational policies and procedures.
5. To direct and signpost managers and officers to the appropriate source for issues outside the remit of this post.
6. Continuously developing personal knowledge and skills to enhance internal and external customer service.
7. To undertake project work as directed.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract, Temp to perm
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: £11.82-£11.83 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person